fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    Syn
    Participant

Your Phoenix is beautiful! My favorite color combination is red and purple. ๐Ÿ˜€

megamibabe16
      Participant

Yay the Kimono unicorn is complete! Rain, rain, go away because I want to see some pictures of this gorgeous piece.

siberakh1
        Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

The uni is done! Yay, finally!! LOL. But OF COURSE it’s raining and will be for 3 days or so… and inside pics look like crap. Story of my life… I’m sooo buying one of those photo booth thingies. ๐Ÿ˜†

hmmm… what’s next?? A keeper? A kirin? Maybe both. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

Can’t wait to see her! I made my own photobooth. Just took some wire clothes hangers, cloth and little effort. ๐Ÿ™‚ I just gator clips for paperwork to hold the sides together for photo shoots. My only gripe is needing a better camera. ๐Ÿ™‚

bayoudragon
          Participant

There’s an 80% chance of rain tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™ Hopefully, there will be a little break and maybe I can get enough natural light in to take some pictures by the window. I’m gonna try regardless.

Siberakh1, do you use anything to diffuse the light? I have a cloth that I use as a background. That part is easy. My problem is that I can’t get the light soft and even. Right now, with my lamps, the light is just strong enough that it makes a big white glare across the Uni’s patterns… to where you can’t even see it. But if I move it back any, there’s not enough light. ๐Ÿ™„

hmmm… I wonder if I can maybe tape tracing paper or something similar over the lamp face to diffuse the light somewhat. I may have to tinker around with it a bit. I’ll see what I can do! ^_^

LadyFirebird
            Participant

This phoenix is gorgeous! Love how you’ve shaded the colors in the feathers. I just drool over some of these pyos–would need a room addition to get all of them! XD

bayoudragon
              Participant

Yeah! I was able to get some pics taken. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachel
                Participant

Gorgeous!!

siberakh1
                  Participant

I love it! It’s like the Yuzen furisode! ๐Ÿ™‚

machineguts
                    Participant

Wow wow WOW!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I am so in love!!!

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Thank you guys! Yep, I have a whole folder of kimono reference pics and many are furisode kimonos. ๐Ÿ™‚

siberakh1
                        Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Siberakh1, do you use anything to diffuse the light? I have a cloth that I use as a background. That part is easy. My problem is that I can’t get the light soft and even. Right now, with my lamps, the light is just strong enough that it makes a big white glare across the Uni’s patterns… to where you can’t even see it. But if I move it back any, there’s not enough light. ๐Ÿ™„

I usually just move my lamps around and play with angles to get the light even. I usually just wait for a decently sunny day and set up outside when the light is just right. I usually get a pretty good amount of light and I can usually get the lighting fairly even in the box, since all sides are fabric.

bayoudragon
                          Participant

It’s good to know I’m not the only one who rearranges furniture and such just to get pics. I pulled out some translucent paper my Mother-in-law gave me for drawing. I pinned it to the ceiling right in front of the overhead light fixture, and I also put some over the face of my adjustable lamp. It actually worked out nicely, diffused the light just enough. I think I’m gonna pass on the photo booth. ๐Ÿ˜€

The hubby is going to give me some really strange looks when he gets back into town tomorrow, as there is a HUGE sheet of paper just hanging from the ceiling. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜†

siberakh1
                            Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

It’s good to know I’m not the only one who rearranges furniture and such just to get pics. I pulled out some translucent paper my Mother-in-law gave me for drawing. I pinned it to the ceiling right in front of the overhead light fixture, and I also put some over the face of my adjustable lamp. It actually worked out nicely, diffused the light just enough. I think I’m gonna pass on the photo booth. ๐Ÿ˜€

The hubby is going to give me some really strange looks when he gets back into town tomorrow, as there is a HUGE sheet of paper just hanging from the ceiling. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜†

Glad to hear the paper works. The lamps I use aren’t table lamps. They have clamps on the back of them, so you can hook them up in a cellar. Not sure the precise name of them, but my dad has them. We have daylight bulbs in them. However, he has confiscated them for the attic and cellar for his use. ๐Ÿ˜›

Hannah
                              Participant

Lovely!! She reminds me of a grown-up version of a my little pony! Don’t take that badly because I LOVE My little ponies ๐Ÿ˜† I said it in the other thread already but I’ll say it again – I saw your Uni and finally decided I had to get a blank to try my luck on ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

bayoudragon
                                Participant

I can’t wait to see it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 716 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.