fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

• This topic has 720 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

AhhhhhhHHHH!H!!!! WANTS!!!!! @#%*!!! Gorgeous gorgeous bird.

I love the contrast between the bright tail bone and the darker feathers. I love when things pop like that. So I vote leave it ^^
      It probably looks unfinished in the front because you brought the orange down into the yellow on the back wing feathers and not the front wing feathers. Does that make sense?

bayoudragon wrote:

Thanks guys! 🙂

During that week of no computer and maltese reference pics, I worked on my phoenix instead. Yah, I know, very unoriginal… but I wanted a firey bird for my first one. He’s almost done. I’m just trying to decide on the tail “bone”. It might tone it down a little; I think it may be a tad bright. Although, I kinda like it. 😆 LOL

The front of the wings also seem “unfinished” to me… although I like the back view. I may just leave them as they are. *ponders*

Oh, and the beak and feet are not bluish-purple. That’s just my camera eating colors again. >.< It's more of a shiny purplish-rose.

Illith
      Participant

Wow! That’s so pretty, and exactly what a phoenix should look like! In the traditional sense, anyway! 😀
        I like the dark purple beak and feet as well, it really works with the rest of the colours! Spectacular!

dragonmedley
        Participant

Magnificent!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

GAH 😮 ! I love, love , LOVE how you paint feathers! Absolutely gorgeous :yes: .
            Man! I chomping at the bit to nab one ….or maybe 3 or four …of those pretty birdies to paint for myself .

bayoudragon
            Participant

Thanks all! 😳

Kujacker wrote:

Will we be seeing any close ups of this guy? 🙂

When I’m finished, I’ll post some close ups. 😉

drag0nfeathers wrote:

WOW! That phoenix is AWSEOME!!!

You know what? I bet a Maltese Phoenix would be worthy of first born sacrifice? ROFL!
              You are going to be the death of me with this maltese color, Drag0n. 😆 LOL

Leigha wrote:

It probably looks unfinished in the front because you brought the orange down into the yellow on the back wing feathers and not the front wing feathers. Does that make sense?

Yes, makes perfect sense. :yes: And that’s what was bothering me. I put in some orange between the feathers and lightened the edges…. but I want more contrast between the flight feathers and the top portion of the wings which is why I will be adding more red. I will post pictures once I’m done. 🙂

Adaneth
              Participant

I’m looking forward to seeing the completed phoenix! 🙂

Maria
                Participant

WOW! I hadn’t realized the phoenix PYOs were available. This one is absolutely gorgeous.

Lokie
                  Participant

Very fiery! 🙂

bayoudragon
                    Participant

Finally done! She’ll be packed up and shipped to Drag0n tomorrow. 🙂

I’ve only got one pic of this one up on Photobucket. Stupid site kept kicking me offline! 🙄 It took FOREVER just to get this one up. Sorry, just one side. I’ll get a profile page done soon.

The phoenix is done. She’s up in my gallery.

I’m hoping to finish the kimono uni next, I have another muse done (just need pics), and I’ve started a new wolf (orangy-brown) and a small dragon (green). 🙂

Hannah
                      Participant

BEAUTIFUL Bayou!! I remember seeing your first one in the gallery (I scan through it pretty often :D) and I just sat there and stared at the feathers for a good 5 minutes ^^ Such a gorgeous job on the feathers! Bravo!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

Gah 😮 ! I love, love, LOVE your style of painting! Drag0n is sooo lucky!

Adaneth
                          Participant

WOW! 😀

Apari
                            Participant

Wow! Awesome job on the feathers, and all of the rest. Hehe 🙂

amazing like the first! 😀

Anonymous

😮 😮 Darn Girl!!!! You rock! I just love EVERYTHING!!! you paint!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 716 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.