fbpx

Barrdwing's PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Barrdwing's PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

They are all pretty, but I especially love the dragon. Really pretty!

Adaneth
      Participant

Those kirins are darling–I hope your sisters love them! πŸ™‚

That dragon is very striking as well. Nice work!

Heather
        Participant

mmloda wrote:

All three are stunning…but I especially love the ki rins… πŸ˜‰ Do you do comissions?

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US GROW….

I haven’t done any yet, but for something like the ki-rins, I probably could. (The dragons take me so long that I’d be afraid the recipient would get really frustrated!) PM me if you’re interested! πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Your sisters are sooooo lucky to be getting such cute kirins from you! I love ’em πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

Heather
            Participant

Jeepers, it’s been a while! I actually finished this dragon back in 2010 (good grief!) but due to various life-related aggravations never posted any photos. But today I was snapping a few pictures and decided “what the hey.” This is N’Twe.
              Brown and purple PYO dragon left side Brown and purple PYO dragon, front Brown and purple PYO dragon, right side Brown and purple PYO dragon, from rear

He was a challenge. When I finished his inital basecoating and layering, I looked at him and realized I’d just painted him to look like a poo. Frustrated, I dubbed him “Turd With Eyes” and put him away. Ten months later, I realized what the dragon wanted to look like was not what I had been trying to make him. I pulled him out and finished the paintjob. Now he needed a new name, so: N’Twe, which stands for “Not a Turd With Eyes.” πŸ™‚

Hannah
              Participant

Wow, Barrding, that is a STUNNING paint job!! I love the colors and the details! N’Twe, although I’m sure it isn’t pronounced this way, sounds like “newt” in my head XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

He is beautiful! <3

Jeepers, it’s been a while! I actually finished this dragon back in 2010 (good grief!) but due to various life-related aggravations never posted any photos. But today I was snapping a few pictures and decided “what the hey.” This is N’Twe.

…[snipped]…

He was a challenge. When I finished his inital basecoating and layering, I looked at him and realized I’d just painted him to look like a poo. Frustrated, I dubbed him “Turd With Eyes” and put him away. Ten months later, I realized what the dragon wanted to look like was not what I had been trying to make him. I pulled him out and finished the paintjob. Now he needed a new name, so: N’Twe, which stands for “Not a Turd With Eyes.” πŸ™‚

LMAO!!!

Oh, man, now my stomach hurts from laughing too hard. I know EXACTLY how this feels!

Whatever he started out like, his coloration now is gorgeous; some of the richest looking color I’ve seen on a PYO, I think. Definitely no longer a “Turd with Eyes”!

dragonmedley
                Participant

He’s stunning!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Heather
                  Participant

N’Twe, although I’m sure it isn’t pronounced this way, sounds like “newt” in my head XD

I’m sure he would have vastly preferred I call him Newt during those ten months! πŸ˜€ I almost wish I’d taken pictures of him back when he looked so awful, just so that I could look at them and remember that even the worst start can become something better.

I’m glad people like him. Now that we’ve gotten past the growing pains, he’s one of my favorites.

bayoudragon
                    Participant

Brown and purple PYO dragon left side Brown and purple PYO dragon, front Brown and purple PYO dragon, right side Brown and purple PYO dragon, from rear

Ha! I, too, know how this feels. I had one that I actally reprimed because he was so bad… almost named him Pond Scum. LOL!

He came out really, really lovely. I LOVE the blending on him! πŸ™‚

Blight
                      Participant

Amazing! Congrats on such a great job!

Grayfire_artz
                        Participant

YAAAY PIECES BY BARDWING!! πŸ˜€ I love the blue belly I have from you :3

Rachel
                          Participant

You do such great work. I saw the 12/28 posting date on the first post and was wowed all over again, thinking that it was recent and very odd I hadn’t expressed my admiration. But it was 2008 (!!) and I had already told you they were beautiful. πŸ™‚ The new one is gorgeous, as well.

Heather
                            Participant

πŸ™‚ Many thanks for the encouragement. I think I need to start painting again…. Seeing all of the wonderful paintjobs that people have been creating lately is making my fingers itch. I repainted two cheap resin dragons recently, trying out colors over a dark background. It was fun! Has anyone else tried out a rescue PYO yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.