Barrdwing's PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Barrdwing's PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Okay, time to start a thread (since I can’t figure out how to change the title on the old one 😳 ). Here are three new PYOs . . . or rather, two new and one that’s been patiently waiting for photographs.

I used to spend a lot of time chasing lizards as a kid. This dragon is loosely based on the Western fence lizard, also known as the “bluebelly”. Now, while bluebellies can be pretty brightly-colored, I have to admit that this guy got a little carried away. I caught him rolling in the metallics on the palette more than once.

These two ki-rin are Christmas gifts for my sisters. They chose the colors without knowing what I was up to. πŸ˜‰ These are the first ki-rin I’ve attempted painting, and I discovered that I LOVE working with them! πŸ™‚

Lots more images of all three PYOs can be found here:

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/Barrdwing/gift%20ki-rin%20and%20bluebelly%20dragon/

Heather
      Participant

Stephanie
        Participant

Wow! Those are all fantastic!

(And to edit a title of a post, just click Edit on the first post, and change the Subject.)

πŸ˜€

Beautiful!

siberakh1
          Participant

Very nice! I especially like your dragon! He is very pretty in his sharpness with the black antiquing and his stripey goodness! I like him! πŸ™‚

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

They’re all beautiful! The detailing on the dragon is fantastic! And I love the green and blue kirin! I hope your sisters like them too!

dragonmedley
              Participant

Kirins are fun to paint, aren’t they?

I absolutely adore your lizard dragon!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Rachel
                Participant

They’re all beautiful. The kirin with green scales reminds me of moss agate.

Heather
                  Participant

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with the bluebelly dragon, even if he did kind of stray off-model. (That is one particularly mischieveous dragon, lemme tell you! I’d be painting, look away for a moment, and discover he’d gone in some completely different direction. It was all I could do to keep up!) And the ki-rin, bless their little hearts, were very forgiving about my clumsiness. Everyone has said that it’s a real challenge getting smooth layers of paint on those scales. Uh . . . yeah. I was getting a little like this 😈 by the end of the job, and nobody would call those scale colors smooth. Still, the ki-rin overall turned out a lot better than I thought they would, which is a credit to their sculptor! Hats off to you, Miss Melody! :hi:

Grayfire_artz
                    Participant

ooooh i love them all!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                      Participant

Nice!!! :yes:

Melissa
                        Participant

That little dragon’s incredible. Almost expect him to start doing pushups and giving lizardy stinkeye. πŸ˜€

PurpleTurtle
                          Participant

Oh my, that dragon is beautiful and those Kirins are really cool πŸ˜€ ! I especially love all of the detail on the dragon 8) .
                            I love painting the Kirins to. I’ve painted 3 within the past month and I’m almost done with my fourth, and sadly, last one. I can relate in the diffuculty in keeping the scales looking smooth. But I have to admit, the sculpt is very forgiving when it come to ‘mess-ups’. It’s hard to make them, or any PYO, look bad πŸ˜€ .

Maria
                            Participant

Oh wow, I love that dragon to bits! Especially the way you painted his head. He looks like a mosaic.

Mmloda
                              Participant

All three are stunning…but I especially love the ki rins… πŸ˜‰ Do you do comissions?

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US GROW….

Marzena

Lokie
                                Participant

The dragon is neat; I was thinking it looked like mosaic or a dragon made of stone glass. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.