fbpx

Bait and Switch

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Bait and Switch

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

How horrible! That is one evil trickster there! 😡

Maria
      Participant

The auction should be saved under your “won” category, and it won’t be altered or taken down for a week or two. You should have no problem proving that the seller is either mistaken or cheatin you – though it sounds like he’s cheating you if he sends you a male and then sends you a photo of an emp and says it’s the same thing. 👿

Lokie
        Participant

Wow, sorry about that. Did the male make it safely in the emp box? (Just curious) Twice I got the incorrect items shipped (not Windstones!), but what I received were better than what I paid for. I guess I’ve been lucky!

I was wondering did the seller have both an emperor and a male up on ebay at the same time? Is it possible they sent the wrong one to the wrong person? :scratch: I know the box should have been a dead give-away, but… 😕
          I’m only asking cuz I know that I’ve done this before by accident with X-mas presents. 😳

Bob

I know how it sounds and I hope you get it all worked out BUT remember WE are the experts here, others do not know as much as the Forum members do, but it IS VERY difficult to confuse a male for an Emperor.
            I have SEVERAL of both and I don’t think even an amateur could confuse those 2???
            🙄

Laurie
            Participant

The other white that was up by that seller was a young. :nea:

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Sounds to me like it was done deceitfully…

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

RiDuvessa wrote:

I saw that auction too! They definately had a picture of an Emperor. I remember thinking that it was a great deal and that there would be a couple of people on the forum that would love him. I even checked out the auction. You should still be able to link to the auction. I would file a complaint with Ebay.

I agree with everything RiDuvessa said here. I saw it too and yup, it was def an Emp and I was thinking what a great deal, hoping someone here would win it.

You have a completely legit case to file. I hear your concern for, “it’s my word against theirs,” but in this case, you have a number of eye witnesses to this auction, so to speak, and, the photo was of an Emperor. Given that last part alone, you received the incorrect item. Regardless of seller intention, that is enough for misrepresentation action. I mean how far does it have to go? You win a Windstone and they deliver you a pizza?

Im sure you want the Emperor but Im sure youd be happy with returning the Male and getting a full refund. My only concern with that is *if* the seller is shady, and you return the Male- will they then actually refund you. Express such concerns to PP. I know theyve told ppl before they wont help unless you have returned item first. Kind of puts you in an awkward position by waiting on a refund… again, *if* the seller is shady. But, this whole situation does stink to me. I wish you luck. You know everyone here, whether they saw the auction or not, will back you up. GB’s suggestion was spot on… the auction should be logged in your WIN section on ebay. Good luck!

2Huberts wrote:

No way that could be mistaken for either an emp or a male. :nea:
                Makes me wonder what the person who won the young ended up receiving in their box. Judging from the size difference between the emp and the male I’d guess a hatchling. 😉 Seirously though, I could see putting the wrong shipping label on the box but if they weren’t even selling a male…

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Sounds to me like it was done deceitfully…

Yep. A very shady person to do business with. :spank:

BDW
                Participant

2Huberts wrote:

I’m confused, the only white emp I saw from a seller that was selling a white young also is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Windstone-Dragon-White-Emperor-Pena-1991-Wind-Stone_W0QQitemZ190284373247QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item190284373247&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Is that the one? :scratch: 😕
                  Because it’s for auction now

darjeb
                  Participant

If this is the same seller they have a white emperor and also a young dragon they are calling a “Baby Emperor”?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190284373247

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360129036341

Laurie
                    Participant

darjeb wrote:

If this is the same seller they have a white emperor and also a young dragon they are calling a “Baby Emperor”?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190284373247

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360129036341

Nope, different seller.

I appreciate all of the advice and support. For those that have asked, here is the listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130280260230

The pictures clearly show an Emperor, but I clearly received a Male, although it was white. The sellers response has been

“I must disagree. It is the White Emperor made by Windstone. It was purchased as such and the pictures are a true deplictiontion of the item sold. I didnot have any other dragons that remotely resemble it to confuse it for shipment. With your box this fit exactly. So am under the empression you knew that this was the exact dragon you purchased. Please look thru the other listings and you will find that this is the same dragon listed as others. Please find attached the picture of the dragon.

Thank you “

So either I’m lying, they’re lying, or someone is very confused. The issue has been moved to a Paypal dispute, and is under investigation. I just need to get to the post office to see if they can tell me the shipping information from the package. I know UPS includes the package size and weight in their information, but I’m not sure about the post office. If they do, it should be easy enough to prove the package was too light. If they don’t, I may be screwed. Either way, I’ll try to keep things posted here as they happen. Thanks.

Pam

Why don’t you email the seller a picture of the box and white male. I know that wont help if they are dead set in the idea that they sent you an emperor, but, just a thought…. I still think there is a possibility it might be a genuine mistake.. The person who got the white young apparently got the right dragon, and that seller has other positive feedback as well.

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

Jvargas0667 wrote:

I appreciate all of the advice and support. For those that have asked, here is the listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130280260230

The pictures clearly show an Emperor, but I clearly received a Male, although it was white. The sellers response has been

“I must disagree. It is the White Emperor made by Windstone. It was purchased as such and the pictures are a true deplictiontion of the item sold. I didnot have any other dragons that remotely resemble it to confuse it for shipment. With your box this fit exactly. So am under the empression you knew that this was the exact dragon you purchased. Please look thru the other listings and you will find that this is the same dragon listed as others. Please find attached the picture of the dragon.

Thank you “

So either I’m lying, they’re lying, or someone is very confused. The issue has been moved to a Paypal dispute, and is under investigation. I just need to get to the post office to see if they can tell me the shipping information from the package. I know UPS includes the package size and weight in their information, but I’m not sure about the post office. If they do, it should be easy enough to prove the package was too light. If they don’t, I may be screwed. Either way, I’ll try to keep things posted here as they happen. Thanks.
                          USPS ships by weight and box size. The price for the postage will be on the shipping label/stamp thingey. You can get an accurate shipping price for the box size and weight, if it’s too little there is your proof. You can always box up your Emp. take him to the post office, have them weigh him and give you a price for shipping him to the address the white Emp was suppost to come from. If it’s not even close I think you’ll be okay.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.