fbpx

Bait and Switch

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Bait and Switch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Anyone eve have a problem on ebay of buying something and getting something completely different? I thought I had score a great deal getting a White Emp in mint condition for $250. I even sent them a box to make sure it got here safe. The box finally arrived and when I picked it up there was a bit of a rattle, and it felt a bit light. I figured the poor guy hadn’t made the trip in one piece. I opened the box expecting what I thought was the worst case, and found a White Male Dragon. The rattling sound was him swimming in an Emps box. The seller has responded with a simple ‘The dragon in the picture is what we sent you.’ If thats the case, how did it turn into a Male? Anyone else ever have problems like this? I’ve started the dispute process with ebay, but I’m not sure what to expect. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kitsunelady
    Participant

The only person I know who’s had that problem was dealing with someone who didn’t speak English. It was an artbook, and they sent one for the wrong series. Twice. >.>;

Do you not have the link to the original auction? Are the pictures he/she had on it gone already?

Amanda
      Participant

Oh that’s awful to hear! I can’t say I’ve had that problem, but I’ve only purchased two flap cats on ebay, no dragons. Really unfair for you as well since Ravn has the white male (mint) averaging at $129. Hope you get it straightened out without too much trouble!

Mmloda
        Participant

WOW I have never had that from ebay and buy quite a bit of stuff, but thats too bad that it wasn’t an Emperor, that would have been a sweet deal, if you don’t want to keep the male you can always request your money back for him and send him back to the seller, just start a dispute on ebay stating that the item you recieved was not at all as described… ๐Ÿ™‚ hope that helps… ๐Ÿ™‚

Marzena

Zelda
          Participant

Sheesh, that’s a terrible trick for the seller to pull! I’m sure the folks at Ebay will help this one get cleared up quickly though, it’s obvious that you didn’t receive what you purchased, or at least what they’d advertised. Keep us posted on how things turn out!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Maria
            Participant

Well that’s pretty ridiculous. Did the auction picture show a male dragon?

No, thats the problem. The picture showed an Emp, so I expected an Emp. When I asked them about it, they sent me a picture of an Emp, and said thats what they sent me. Either someone over there is VERY confused, or they’re trying to rip me off. It was sent priority mail, so I’m hoping the post office will be able to tell me how heavy the package was based on the label /shipping price. An Emp weighs twice what a Male does, so if I can prove the package was too light I might have some leverage. Otherwise its just my word against theirs.

siberakh1
              Participant

Did you pay with paypal? I’m assuming yes, since it was a transaction on ebay, since only paypal is supposed to be excepted as payment there now. If the seller is not going to listen, open a dispute with ebay and/or paypal. Take a picture of the dragon in the box that you just received and the picture from the auction. Bait and switch is a type of fraud and you should be able to get your money back. I know that you can never really count on anything, but this seems pretty cut and dry on the dispute side of things. You didn’t get what was offered and pictured in the auction. You got something completely different.

Please keep us posted on how you make out with this!

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

OMG!!The @#!% that some people try to pull ๐Ÿ˜ก ! I’m so sorry that happened! I hope the best for you and you can get this resolved quickly and painlessly. This does seem to be a pretty cut-n-dry case of the bait and switch….

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I saw that auction!!! What a snake! I’d DEFINATLY try and find the auction again and print it out if the Emperor is in the photos! Send me a link and even I can print it and mail it to you if you need me to. Then contact ebay and Paypal and dispute it as a not described item! You can probably send them a link of the auction too. The Post Office will have a record of how much that box weighed at the time of if being dropped off whereever it was shipped from so save the label from the box and I’m sure you can either print out or have Susie send you the information of how much an Emperor Dragon weighs and then that way you can PROVE it wasn’t the dragon that should have been in the box because the box didn’t weigh enough to even HAVE an Emperor in it in the first place! After getting that information to Paypal or ebay you should be all set! What a decietful piece of $%&%&^ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ I hope you get them for doing that! They need to be booted off of ebay!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Tinks
                    Participant

The only problem i have ever had from ebay from was buying something in Mint condition.I purchased a Mint Mother dragon and when she got here….was covered in dust and had a few chips. ๐Ÿ™ Even tho she isnt Mint i still love her.I hope you get everything worked out and get your White Emp.

I saw that auction too! They definately had a picture of an Emperor. I remember thinking that it was a great deal and that there would be a couple of people on the forum that would love him. I even checked out the auction. You should still be able to link to the auction. I would file a complaint with Ebay.

Pam

Maybe, if you’re REALLY lucky, there has been a genuine mistake and the white male was put in the wrong box and sent to you, and your emp’s still laying around the seller’s house somewhere… *crosses fingers*

Megan
                        Participant

Oh that is just evil. I hope that either Pam is right, and you finally get the correct dragon, or that you’re able to get your money back! What the heck does this clown think they’re trying to pull? *grumble grumble…*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.