bacon….yum!!

Home Forums Miscellany Food bacon….yum!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

ROFL-I love this, laughed so hard my eyes watered! πŸ˜†

Jodi
      Participant

Yum! I’ll have to try that on one of my non-diet splurge days!

Maebnus
        Participant

Noooooooooo, you revived the thread! πŸ˜† I’d completely forgotten about this…

I’ll have to try it when I can go shopping again… once the impending typhoon passes and the commissary actually has food again. πŸ™„

Leigha
          Participant

hmm….actually we have bacon in the house right now O.O I might have to try that tomorrow if there’s any left πŸ˜€

I wonder if the bread I brought down from the freezer is dethawed yet… I have tomatoes from the garden and…. crap… lettuce…. πŸ˜›

Mirrako
            Participant

I love it! Will have to try the bacon weaving thing soon…

That would top the fritatta quite nicely! 8)

What I want to know is where in the world do you find bacon with that much meat in it !? All the bacon I ever see is more like the opposite of this pic, incredibly thin bands of meat with huge bands of fat πŸ™ I love bacon but I don’t even buy it anymore, it’s not worth it.

mikki wrote:

What I want to know is where in the world do you find bacon with that much meat in it !? All the bacon I ever see is more like the opposite of this pic, incredibly thin bands of meat with huge bands of fat πŸ™ I love bacon but I don’t even buy it anymore, it’s not worth it.

It’s like the quest for the Holy Grail… only with bacon. πŸ˜†

mikki wrote:

well I think the guy who made this (husband knows him) went to a local store in this area that cuts their own meats like bacon. They make there own sausage too which is to die for! It’s a store called Nick’s. That’s where we get most of our meats too like steaks, chicken, bacon, pretty much anything. Let me tell you, the bacon is VERY meaty!! πŸ˜€

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

I actually tried this today! The bacon stays in my sandwich much easier πŸ™‚

(cooked the bacon in the weave, cooked then shredded chicken, put those two and cheese in a sandwich press. *nooom*)

LOL! I’m glad it worked out and it was tasty!! πŸ˜€

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

Mmm…..bacon. Deliciously salty, artery-clogging goodness. C’mon bacon goes well in salad (as bits), with eggs in the morning (classic), or yes, even by itself on a roll with some lettuce.

Occasionally, I’ll eat the stuff, but not too often. I like it CRISP though, I refuse to eat limp bacon.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Dragons4Life wrote:

I like it CRISP though, I refuse to eat limp bacon.

Me too! Limp bacon is just about as bad as a limp, wet noodle handshake… 😈

twindragonsmum 😈

tdm

Christine
                Participant

πŸ˜† Now THAT is a BLT!! I love the bacon weave! It keeps the bacon together and ensures each bite is perfectly bacony. It reminds me of Hodad’s down here in San Diego. They chop up their bacon into a patty like hash browns. They were on Food Network for it a while back.

If you want bacon without lots of fat, just splurge and get it cut from a butcher, or go to a natural foods market. Some big grocery chains carry some really nice bacon, but not all do I’ve noticed. People usually don’t buy it because it’s up to twice as expensive as the big brands, but they also don’t realize that they’re paying for the fat. You pay more for the thick cut artisan brands, but they’re much more meaty and MUCH more tasty. I don’t eat bacon more than 3-4 times a year so it’s worth it to me!

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

Oh yes, a BLT on steriods! Yum, yum :yum: –with garden tomatoes and lettuce–I’m in heaven!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.