Baby Koi-Rins?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Baby Koi-Rins?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    shatterglass4kx
    Participant

How about… instead of a Koi/Fantasy mix, have it be a “Fish Mix” with Koi and other colorful fishy patterns (like Betas)?

Either way, I’m tickled pink at the idea of GB Baby KiRins — no matter what color/theme they are.

Lauren
      Participant

How about… instead of a Koi/Fantasy mix, have it be a “Fish Mix” with Koi and other colorful fishy patterns (like Betas)?

Either way, I’m tickled pink at the idea of GB Baby KiRins — no matter what color/theme they are.

Oh, I like this idea! Or even just make it “marine” themed, and then perhaps there could be orca and sunlion or dragon eel or MANTIS shrimp kirin. 😀

Dandr13
        Participant

Personally, I like it when batches have a clear theme. All koi, or all fantasy, or all natural…

When you mix them it can be really disappointing.

Squeeeeeeeee!!! for GB kirins. And one more vote for themed batches, I’m not super picky, but it’d be nice to buy one without having too worry about it being a pastel or a fantasy type (my two most hated themes :P)

Lauren
          Participant

I’m not super picky, but it’d be nice to buy one without having too worry about it being a pastel or a fantasy type

Out of curiosity, what qualifies to people as “fantasy” type? I see unusual colorings on the special kirin that can’t normally be found on horse-like animals (ex: cavern spring or diablo), or even combinations of natural patterns (ex: ziger) and those I like but would probably consider fantasy, but then there are also some that have designs or leaves painted on them and I’m usually not a fan of those, but they also seem to be considered fantasy…? Is there any separation?

Kim
            Blocked

Well fantasy for the unicorns and poads has typically been bright colours and a variety of cool patterns because they are easy to paint on the smooth backs of unicorns and poads. Fantasy for the grab bag dragons has been mostly just bright colours with accents because you can’t really paint patterns on the scales so I imagine for kirins it would be the same, just a variety of colours. The only patterns that seem like they would be easy to do would be Koi which is why I think so many have been done on the babies before.

Also, I was thinking along the lines of what was said above with doing smaller batches of different themes like Koi, Fantasy or Natural, not one big batch, Even if there were batches the size of the curlies like 40 or so of each, that would be cool. I would love a fantasy or natural one. Or even other fish ideas are cool. I am just not a fan of Koi colours and patterns.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Lauren
              Participant

Well fantasy for the unicorns and poads has typically been bright colours and a variety of cool patterns because they are easy to paint on the smooth backs of unicorns and poads. Fantasy for the grab bag dragons has been mostly just bright colours with accents because you can’t really paint patterns on the scales so I imagine for kirins it would be the same, just a variety of colours. The only patterns that seem like they would be easy to do would be Koi which is why I think so many have been done on the babies before.

Also, I was thinking along the lines of what was said above with doing smaller batches of different themes like Koi, Fantasy or Natural, not one big batch, Even if there were batches the size of the curlies like 40 or so of each, that would be cool. I would love a fantasy or natural one. Or even other fish ideas are cool. I am just not a fan of Koi colours and patterns.

Thanks for the explanation. I’d been having troubles figuring out if “natural” might also include those bright colors because, being fantasy creatures, there might not be a real “natural” color for them. If that makes any sense.

I think you’re onto something with the idea of smaller batches that are more central to a specific theme. Even if for sure that means people can only order one, at least that means they’re more likely to get what they want or be able to trade for one that fits their desires. And then for those of us that want GBs of more than one kind, then we can choose to enter multiple times and have greater success… everyone wins. 🙂 (As for me, I really like *some* of the Koi colors/patterns, but not all of them, and would prefer to prioritize accordingly considering the cost.)

Scathach
                Participant

Personally, I like it when batches have a clear theme. All koi, or all fantasy, or all natural…

When you mix them it can be really disappointing.

^^ yes, please.

Agree!!! I’d much rather have batches with a clear theme. Trading has just gotten harder and harder over the years – it’s much nicer to know that the batch in general is something you’re interested in. 🙂

Even if it’s smaller batches, I’d rather have a koi batch and natural batch and a fantasy batch than a larger mixed class.

As long as the batches aren’t so small that we crash to store to get them.

I wonder – and it’s purely conjecture, not to add excess workload to anyone – if it might be possible to have a poll to figure out roughly how many of each batch we would want. Then add 10% contingency.

I’m such a fan of the baby KiRins that I’d want one from any and every batch that comes out.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                  Participant

I suppose it might be possible to paint kirins with one color for fur and another for the scales. I am thinking of “Pinky Pie”, the raffle prize for February 2012. Presumably you could have “Fantasy” babies with yellow fur and orange scales, two shades of green, two shades of blue, etc. I don’t know if these would be popular or not. (And I don’t know how hard he was to paint – Melody may be screaming at the very idea.)

Lauren
                    Participant

I’m a fan of the two-colors idea, but I think I would be more interested in colors that set one another off. Like black and blue, or silver and green, or something. The white and pink is nice, too; I’m just not sure if I’d be a fan of, say, blue and blue or pink and pink unless we’re talking starkly different tints or shades or saturations to set them off… guess I’d have to see a picture.

The poll idea sounds good, too–maybe if the staff are too busy to make one, a regular member could? I know that there are websites where you can make polls for free.

Kim
                      Blocked

I love that little pink baby kirin. I have a bunch on my wishlist like that. I think if they were painted kind of like the mini keepers, it would be cool like with a mix of colours that look good together or even two toned colours like some of the curlies that came out.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Koi’s themselves I think are different enough. I think a koi batch would be awesome! There are oranges, whites, silvers, and even more possibilities I’m sure! Soudns awesome!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lauren
                          Participant

Koi’s themselves I think are different enough. I think a koi batch would be awesome! There are oranges, whites, silvers, and even more possibilities I’m sure! Soudns awesome!

I don’t think it was a matter of koi not having different enough possibilities for patterns, but some people just don’t care so much for koirin in general, and some of us would like to see more colors offered than koirin are liable to have (black, oranges, yellows, reds, and white are pretty much the natural colors involved with koi). Any time you poll a group of people you’re going to get a bunch of different answers like this since taste/preferences are totally subjective. But, I think we can all agree that Melody should do what she thinks is best.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Oh don’t get me wrong! I LOVE fantasy colors very much, but I agree seperate batches might make it easier for people to decide what batches to buy from. Seeing the koirins in the store range in the $200’s in the special section I personally wouldn’t want to drop $195-$250+ on a little kirin and not at least have some idea of what I was getting.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

I would prefer seperate batches….like with the past two GB dragons if I had the money at the time, I would have not been happy at all with the rainbows and loved the snake patterns or more natural-esque ones…well with these two batches, I would have been more likely to get rainbow and been sad, yes I know there’s trading but there’s always problems with that and if I sell it then I don’t have one at all…..so seperate batches are better to me, if it came to say rainbow batch and then koi batches then we all could be happy….

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

yolanda
                                Participant

Im a rainbow and pastels kind of gal. Im sure eventually we will all get the types of colors and patterns we want. When the gb uni colt came out I was a bit disappointed that they were natural colors but if you wait long enough Melody will get to those other colorings and sure enough shes working on the fantasy bunch.
                                  So, if these come out in koi I will probably pass and wait for the fantasy colors. Paitence is a vurtue……lol. im not the patient type but if I have to wait I will.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.