Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Avatar help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    pegasus4240
    Participant

I’ve been trying to upload my avatar picture, but it tells me that my user name is already registered and not uploading the picture.

Thanks.
      Angie French

-- Angie

Carolyn
      Participant

I can’t get one up either . Not sense the change over .

Jennifer
        Keymaster

If you are unable to change things in your profile (such as signature, avatar, password, etc etc) that means you have a duplicate account left over from the old website (either you had a store account, a blog account, or both).

I need to manually fix this. All you need to do is email me and include the email address associated with your user account and the username that you wish to keep. I’ll fix it then you can upload an avatar, etc.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

pegasus4240
          Participant

Emailed you. Thanks. I was moving during the switchover. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

pegasus4240
            Participant

Yay! My avatar’s back. πŸ™‚ I missed Maple. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Very happy to help. If anyone ever has trouble like this just email me the information I made note of above. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Carolyn
                Participant

I can’t seem to change mine . I’ve tried several pics now and none show up .

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I can’t seem to change mine . I’ve tried several pics now and none show up .

Do you get an error or anything when you try?

Carolyn
                    Participant

No , it always says it’s been resized . Then nothing changes . I usually wait a day before trying again . It always says it’s saved . Are the pics I’m trying wrong ones ?

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

No , it always says it’s been resized . Then nothing changes . I usually wait a day before trying again .

Hmm! I’m not sure. If you want to email me the image you want to use I can try.

Carolyn
                        Participant

Ok I’ll try and email you the pic . I got it off the internet . So it might not be ok to use . I’ve tried several different ones .

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Ok I’ll try and email you the pic . I got it off the internet . So it might not be ok to use . I’ve tried several different ones .

Hi Sasha,

The fox already shows up as your avatar. πŸ™‚ It worked when you did it! The old one might be stored in the cache of your internet browser. You might want to try clearing your cookies and cache.

Carolyn
                            Participant

I have no idea how to do that . So I guess I’ll never be able to change it again . Oh well .

I tryed something that said clean cookies . And tryed my avatar again .

Deleted old avatar hoping that would help and nothing now .

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

I have no idea how to do that . So I guess I’ll never be able to change it again . Oh well .

I tryed something that said clean cookies . And tryed my avatar again .

Deleted old avatar hoping that would help and nothing now .

It’s changed… it just seems that you are the only one that can’t see it. Right now it is the fox photo that you sent to my email. But I didn’t do it for you– so the changes much have stuck. What browser do you use?

Carolyn
                                Participant

It’s still wrong . Maybe it’s the picture . I delete it , then try and put on a new one and the old one comes back . I don’t even have that pic on my computer any more . I deleted the pic . Maybe if I wait a day it might not come back .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.