fbpx

Assaulted…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Assaulted…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Megani-chan wrote:

He (the fuzzy bandit) looked pleased as he scampered back into the bushes with some of my crackers. This is what happens when people throw them food on the quad, they get used to fresh pickin’s and the trash cans aren’t good enough any more!

That’s right — its the people’s fault! πŸ˜†

Seriously though…that has gotten to be a problem in one park in a city near me. People had fed the squirrels so much that they started getting aggressive, and they would jump on people and even into baby carriages to get food. People should always feed squirrels at a distance so they don’t develop habits like that…

Definately. People always think it’s funny to have a picnic on the quad and hand-feed the little beggers, but they freak out if one gets overzealous and nips them while taking the food. Really though I think my little mugger just ran into my leg by accident and the crackers were an unexpected perk πŸ˜†

At least I hope so 😯 If the squirrels really started something we’d have no hope — they outnumber students at least seven to one!

Megani-chan wrote:

Really though I think my little mugger just ran into my leg by accident and the crackers were an unexpected perk πŸ˜†

Squirrel Tactics 101: always make it looks like an accident. πŸ˜€

Megani-chan wrote:

If the squirrels really started something we’d have no hope — they outnumber students at least seven to one!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Far, far in the future, young squirrels watch a popular fictional TV program based on ancient history…and it starts with the words…

The Squirrels were fed by Man
      They Rebelled
      They Evolved
      There are many, many Squirrels
      And they have a plan

Maria
      Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I’m glad it was nothing worse. Good thing you dropped the crackers, Megani, or the squirrel probably would have fought you for them!

Megan
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I’m glad it was nothing worse. Good thing you dropped the crackers, Megani, or the squirrel probably would have fought you for them!

πŸ˜† Dang it, I am such a wimp! I was plotting the, well, plot of my next fanfic story with my head in the clouds and the next second this furry grey bomb explodes from the bushes and hits me… I was flailing my arms as I ran screaming, if that tells you anything.

If the sqirrel had contested the crackers I’d have gone down hard…

Skigod377
          Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

Just looked at the pictures — poor Ski! Yeah, I’d much rather be jumped by a squirrel than a monkey πŸ˜†

If I can get the pic off my phone I’ll post it. He (the fuzzy bandit) looked pleased as he scampered back into the bushes with some of my crackers. This is what happens when people throw them food on the quad, they get used to fresh pickin’s and the trash cans aren’t good enough any more!

πŸ˜† I saw this topic and was prepared for the worst! I read the first sentence and was like, ‘Geez… she is being really calm about this…” πŸ˜† Sorry to hear about your crackers, and I can def sympathize. Beastly animals. Squirrels and monkeys both.

My dad always bought a bag of the “Crack your own” nuts every fall. He would take the filberts out and put them out for the squirrels. Well, the one squirrel who liked them best, when they were gone would wait at the sliding doors in the back of the house and wait for more. He chewed around the tops of the lids for the garbage cans until the lids didn’t work anymore. Then he went to grabbing the screen on the door and shaking it when he wanted more. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† My dad was so mad aobut the garbage cans. I thought it was hilarious! πŸ˜€

Patricia
            Participant

I’m glad you were not harmed during the assult. Though I imagine it was quite a sight. Much better then what I expected from the title of this thread.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

lamortefille
              Participant

The squirrel attack was a funny story – I could just picture it!

The monkey attack is another story. That’s as bad (to me) as getting attacked by a spider or a clown. I hate all three. I would be scarred for life. πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Megani-chan wrote:

Really though I think my little mugger just ran into my leg by accident and the crackers were an unexpected perk πŸ˜†

Squirrel Tactics 101: always make it looks like an accident. πŸ˜€

Megani-chan wrote:

If the squirrels really started something we’d have no hope — they outnumber students at least seven to one!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Far, far in the future, young squirrels watch a popular fictional TV program based on ancient history…and it starts with the words…

They Rebelled
                  They Evolved
                  And they have a plan

Somebody’s been watching too many Battlestar Galatica DVDs πŸ™„

Lokie
                  Participant

Ah, I can’t believe I missed this thread. That is a funny story, Megani-chan! “Little mugger”, huh πŸ˜†

starbreeze wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Megani-chan wrote:

Squirrel Tactics 101: always make it look like an accident. πŸ˜€

Megani-chan wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

They Rebelled
                    They Evolved
                    And they have a plan

Somebody’s been watching too many Battlestar Galatica DVDs πŸ™„
                    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Megan
                    Participant

*sigh* I just checked the pics on my phone and they are teh suck. You can see some orange smears on the ground (the crackers) and a big grey smudge to the side (the squirrel). Bummers. πŸ™

The ones I took of another squirrel sitting on a trashcan outside the food court came out fine, though… Isn’t that usually how it goes?

Jodi
                      Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

*sigh* I just checked the pics on my phone and they are teh suck. You can see some orange smears on the ground (the crackers) and a big grey smudge to the side (the squirrel). Bummers. πŸ™

The ones I took of another squirrel sitting on a trashcan outside the food court came out fine, though… Isn’t that usually how it goes?

Well, in all fairness your hand was probably shaking. You had just been mugged, you know. πŸ˜‰

Megan
                        Participant

πŸ˜† Thanks, emerald. I was planning to post that pic as my official myspace intro pic, but oh well. The one of me in the dorky yellow hard hat (geology feildtrip… *cough cough*) will have to work for now.

I guess I’ll just have to hunt down that squirrel and get another pic of him. I’ll pick him from the crowd by the orange stains of cracker and cheese around his mouth!

Don’t worry about it…you’ll probably be able to get a good picture the next time that you’re mugged. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.