fbpx

Assaulted…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Assaulted…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

So I was assaulted on campus today…

While I was walking behind the science building minding my own business a squirrel shot out of the shrubbery and banked off my leg. It scared the living crud out of me, and I screamed like a little girl before dropping my lunch (a pack of flavored crackers) and running off down the sidewalk. I looked back though to see what had hit me (when I got what I deemed was far enough from the threat, of course) and there was the squirrel sitting in the middle of the walk calmly picking over the crackers. I think the continued cold is making them a little bonkers.

Of course like twenty people saw me and laughed at the loser Freshman… Just another pretty average day at BS University. I did however get a picture of the little mugger with my cell phone.

Totally random, I know, but I thought some of you squirrel-lovers might like to hear about this one. πŸ˜‰

Megan
      Participant

Oh man, I thought it was going to be much worse. Did it hurt you? Maybe it was really hungry.

Starbreeze
        Participant

omg!!! I thought the worst at first too!! 😯

Mimi will love this story!!! πŸ˜‰

dragonmedley
          Participant

You gotta watch the little buggers; they’re out to get the world πŸ˜‰

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Well…while I don’t normally approve of muggers…that was probably the cutest mugger that you’ll ever meet! πŸ˜† That story is really funny! That poor thing must’ve been really cold and hungry. Show us pictures of your mugger… πŸ™‚

And it definitely could’ve been much worse. I remember one incident which happened many years ago, near my dorm. A girl was walking along and a squirrel fell or jumped on her from a tree. Unfortunately, the girl was wearing a woolly sweater and the squirrel’s claws got stuck in it — there was mutual screaming and panic until the squirrel managed to free himself.

mimitrek wrote:

Well…while I don’t normally approve of muggers…that was probably the cutest mugger that you’ll ever meet! πŸ˜† That story is really funny! That poor thing must’ve been really cold and hungry. Show us pictures of your mugger… πŸ™‚

And it definitely could’ve been much worse. I remember one incident which happened many years ago, near my dorm. A girl was walking along and a squirrel fell or jumped on her from a tree. Unfortunately, the girl was wearing a woolly sweater and the squirrel’s claws got stuck in it — there was mutual screaming and panic until the squirrel managed to free himself.
            Poor, poor girl. I bet she was frightened to go out again.

Yes, she was definitely scarred. πŸ™‚

Actually, this is reminding me of Ski’s monkey encounter…

Starbreeze
            Participant

Yeah, it does sound like Ski’s monkey encounter πŸ˜†

He he he…

For those who aren’t familiar with Ski’s monkey encounter, its in this thread. The first post is about halfway down the page.

Ski’s pictures are here, and the post is also about half way down the page.

Megan
              Participant

Just looked at the pictures — poor Ski! Yeah, I’d much rather be jumped by a squirrel than a monkey πŸ˜†

If I can get the pic off my phone I’ll post it. He (the fuzzy bandit) looked pleased as he scampered back into the bushes with some of my crackers. This is what happens when people throw them food on the quad, they get used to fresh pickin’s and the trash cans aren’t good enough any more!

laphon1
                Participant

I saw that title and thought “Oh, my God”. So glad it was only a squirrel. ***Hoping for pictures***

Megani-chan wrote:

He (the fuzzy bandit) looked pleased as he scampered back into the bushes with some of my crackers. This is what happens when people throw them food on the quad, they get used to fresh pickin’s and the trash cans aren’t good enough any more!

That’s right — its the people’s fault! πŸ˜†

Seriously though…that has gotten to be a problem in one park in a city near me. People had fed the squirrels so much that they started getting aggressive, and they would jump on people and even into baby carriages to get food. People should always feed squirrels at a distance so they don’t develop habits like that…

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Yep. I never hand peanuts to the squirrels we feed. I have a particular spot in the yard where I put them. A couple of the squirrels do come to the porch looking for me. πŸ˜€

I used to have one squirrel who came to look for me, but I haven’t seen him in years. πŸ™

But my squirrels also get their food from one place — the feeder in the tree. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.