fbpx

Ask anyone….

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ask anyone….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Melody wrote:

moving sucks

Agreed. Getting a 75lb TV cabinet that doesn’t disassemble up 4 flights of stairs was a fun job… *sarcasm*

I was born in Edmonton, lived for a little bit in Wabasca, then lived in Valleyview until I was 18, then I lived in Grande Prairie for a year, and I’ve been in Edmonton since. Except that I’ve moved twice since I moved to Edmonton. All in Alberta! Born and (I’m assuming) bred.

lamortefille
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I was born in Minnesota and graduated high school there, but didnt live there at any time in between. πŸ˜† I moved to LA when I was 5 and lived there till I was about 12. I moved to Vegas after that untill my senior year, then moved back to MN.

How much did growing up in Vegas affect you, do you think? I love Vegas vacation wise, mind you.

I was born in North Jersey and moved to South Jersey when I was 27. It was culture shock let me tell you, but I like it better down here now. I would love to move further south someday…onto about 100 acres with pit bulls patrolling the perimeter. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Adaneth
      Participant

Born and raised in Minnesota; went to college in a different part of Minnesota. I’d love to live in the northern Rockies, but I have such a wonderful job/boss/coworkers I don’t want to give it/them up. πŸ™‚

frozendragon
        Participant

Adaneth wrote:

Born and raised in Minnesota; went to college in a different part of Minnesota. I’d love to live in the northern Rockies, but I have such a wonderful job/boss/coworkers I don’t want to give it/them up. πŸ™‚

wow… I would love to have a job I loved and people that worked there that weren’t insane…

I wouldn’t move if I had that either…

Adaneth
          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

wow… I would love to have a job I loved and people that worked there that weren’t insane…

I wouldn’t move if I had that either…

πŸ˜† Some of them are a little odd…but in a good way… πŸ˜‰

Jasmine
            Participant

Born in Hong Kong, moved to Canada when I was 3. Lived in Toronto til I was 9, moved to Sarnia (small city on the border between Canada and the US). Moved back to Toronto at 21.

Megan
              Participant

Born and raised in the same small town in the armpit of Indiana, in fact in the very house I still live in today, almost 21 years later πŸ˜†

My father moves around a lot, though. Through him I’ve had beautiful “summer homes” in Broomfield and Golden, CO. And currently in Ohio, close to Cedar Point amusement park πŸ™‚

Patricia
                Participant

I was born in Texas. We lived there till I was 5 and then we moved to GA where I lived till a few months ago when I moved to South Carolina.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Anthony
                  Participant

Born in Richmound, Virginia, but raised in Florida. I so long to visit Virginia, I hear its so beautiful.

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

i was born in sanberndino california but moved to and grew up in alaska. then we moved to california when i was ten, lived in nevada for a year, then back to california! YUCK. I hate living in the city scene. BUT now we are moving to Oregon! YAY!

SPark
                      Participant

Oh boy, here goes…

Born in Bountiful, Utah
                        Somewhere in Washington that I can’t remember, I was 2
                        Somewhere else in Utah. (Kearns, I think?)
                        Austin Texas.
                        Utah again.
                        Santa Rosa California. (Two different houses here. And this is where I start remembering stuff myself, I was 4 when we moved here.)
                        Rhonert Park California.
                        Austin Texas.
                        Toquerville, Utah.
                        Kearns, Utah.
                        Toquerville, Utah. (We stayed there eight years, the longest I’ve ever lived anywhere. In three diferent houses though. Six years in one, the longest I’ve been in a single house.)
                        Dublin, Ireland. (Also a two-week stay in England before going to Ireland, but I don’t know if that counts.)
                        Swords, Ireland.
                        Carrickfurgus, Northern Ireland.
                        Belfast, Northern Ireland.
                        Lurgan, Nothern Ireland.
                        Ogden, Utah. (Two different houses with my parents, and two different apartments on my own.)
                        Eugene, Oregon. (A brief stay at the boyfriend’s parents’ house, plus two different apartments.)
                        Corvallis, Oregon.

Not done yet! Corvallis is just a stop along the way, though I should be here for the next three or four years, most likely.

SPark wrote:

Oh boy, here goes…

Born in Bountiful, Utah
                        Somewhere in Washington that I can’t remember, I was 2
                        Somewhere else in Utah. (Kearns, I think?)
                        Austin Texas.
                        Utah again.
                        Santa Rosa California. (Two different houses here. And this is where I start remembering stuff myself, I was 4 when we moved here.)
                        Rhonert Park California.
                        Austin Texas.
                        Toquerville, Utah.
                        Kearns, Utah.
                        Toquerville, Utah. (We stayed there eight years, the longest I’ve ever lived anywhere. In three diferent houses though. Six years in one, the longest I’ve been in a single house.)
                        Dublin, Ireland. (Also a two-week stay in England before going to Ireland, but I don’t know if that counts.)
                        Swords, Ireland.
                        Carrickfurgus, Northern Ireland.
                        Belfast, Northern Ireland.
                        Lurgan, Nothern Ireland.
                        Ogden, Utah. (Two different houses with my parents, and two different apartments on my own.)
                        Eugene, Oregon. (A brief stay at the boyfriend’s parents’ house, plus two different apartments.)
                        Corvallis, Oregon.

Not done yet! Corvallis is just a stop along the way, though I should be here for the next three or four years, most likely.

OMgawds, that’s just crazy SPark, and here I thought I had moved a lot in my life, sheesh! Well, I have. To date, I have been through 22 moves, but the impact of my many, many moves can not be compared to yours, since mine were all within the U.S.

SPark
                        Participant

The ones in Ireland were easy moves, because I didn’t bring everything I owned, just enough to get by with for the time I was there.

But yeah, it’s pretty crazy.

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Born and raised for 19 years in Western NY State.
                            Then, I moved 7 times… once every year.

NY -> TX
                            TX -> TX (apartment switch)
                            TX -> TX (again, apartment switch)
                            TX -> NY
                            NY -> NJ
                            NJ -> GA
                            GA -> NY
                            It sucked.

I’m back where I started and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I hate moving and this really is my home.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

I moved to Sierra Vista, Arizona when I was three years old. I am 22 right now. I was born March 13, 1986. (I am a young-in’) I have lived in Yuma and Phoenix Arizona for a year each when I was about 7 or 8 years old, but my mother finally setteled in Sierra Vista. My kids were both born here (duh) and my hubby and I met in high school and he was an army brat so he has been everywhere! LOL πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.