fbpx

Ask anyone….

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ask anyone….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

So, I was wondering about where folks are living… were you born and raised where you are now? are you ‘transplanted’ from somewhere else? didja move as a child with your family? or did you just decide it was time to be somewhere else?

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

tdm

Leigha
        Participant

Born and raised in California πŸ˜€

Skigod377
          Participant

I was born in Minnesota and graduated high school there, but didnt live there at any time in between. πŸ˜† I moved to LA when I was 5 and lived there till I was about 12. I moved to Vegas after that untill my senior year, then moved back to MN.

Stephanie
            Participant

I was born and raised in Southern California, until after the Northridge quake, when we got out of dodge. Have lived in Az ever since, in the same town, except for 3 years at university.

Starbreeze
              Participant

I was born in Kentucky and was transplanted to Florida when I was 12. I’m still here. (I wanna move to the mountains)

Travistie
                Participant

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Moved to the Atlanta, GA area almost 3 years ago, due to husband being transferred.

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

I was born and raised in California; had a semester of Uni in London, England; got married and moved to Washington State – the dry side πŸ˜† From there, hubby’s job took us to Utah, where our twinners were born and now we’re in Idaho… Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think of Idaho… it’s not too bad… πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

tdm

Purplecat
                    Participant

Moved around a bit as a kid…I dont remember alot of my really young years, but have lived the biggest portion of my life here in Kentucky. πŸ™‚

Born and raised in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England. Lived there, in 3 different houses over the years, until almost 30 when I married my new-found American Pen Pal and moved to Dallas, Texas, USA. Lived in Dallas in two different houses for four years, then moved to Midland in 1990. One house here.

Thus so far I’ve lived in six houses in three cities in two countries (one world, one star system, et cetera).

Melody
                      Keymaster

moving sucks

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Born in Lexington, KY (1978). Moved to Tulsa, OK, when I was 2 (late summer 1980). Moved to Montgomery, AL, when I was 8 (October 1986). Moved to Auburn, AL, when I was 16 (September 1994). Moved to Fort Stewart, GA, when I was 25 (September 2003). Will be at Fort Stewart, GA, until September 2008 when we move to whereever hubby gets a job (hopefully near Pensacola, FL). What is it will me and fall moves? πŸ˜†

The reason we moved when I was a child was my father transferred from one Rockwell plant to another, then he left Rockwell to work for Sikorsky (then it was Dow-UT, now it’s GKN Areospace).

Jodi
                          Participant

Born and raised in Minnesota. Although, I’ve lived in different cities at different times.

Born in Albany, Oregon, and most of my father’s side of the family still reside in the area.

When I was 5, Mom moved us to California, where her parents lived, San Bernadino area. Mom remarried and when I was 9 (1979), we moved to Santa Maria, Calif. I stayed there until 2005. So mostly I am a California girl, lived at the beach during my teenage years, roller skated, rode horses, etc. We weren’t rich though, all my horse stuff was earned by me without parental help starting at age 12. I’d say we were lower middle class most of my life.

Anyway, in 2005, due to many factors, one of which the house we rented was sold, we moved to Idaho. I have to say personally, I love Idaho. I miss the ocean a bit, but there are so many compensations here that it is worth it.

I doubt we will ever move again.

Kyrin

frozendragon
                            Participant

born in Dover, NJ

parents move to Amarillo, TX…. can’t wait to move somewhere else… although currently the best place I could possibly hope for is Fort Worth, TX… I would really love to move somewhere north… east or west where there are trees and green grass and other things I haven’t seen in a long time…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.