fbpx

ART CARD SWAP 2 – New Deadline to Mail JANUARY 31

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion ART CARD SWAP 2 – New Deadline to Mail JANUARY 31

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Okay daydreamer, it’s now been Monday for about an hour here in Idaho… *bounces impatiently on sofa…* This waiting is sooo remincsent of waiting for Christmas morning 😮 As you can see, patience is NOT a virtue that I possess 😳 😆

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

…Isn’t insomnia wonderful?!?!? 🙄 It does absolutely nothing to help my being impatient 🙄 😆

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Dragon87 wrote:

Wish I had money to buy supplies… or I’d join on the next one. 🙂

don’t need anything fancy… pencil and paper will do! 🙂

its Monday! was I supposed to do something today? hmm oh yeah! a new theme…. be right with ya guys… hehehehe…

twindragonsmum
        Participant

daydreamer wrote:

its Monday! was I supposed to do something today? hmm oh yeah! a new theme…. be right with ya guys… hehehehe…

:spank: :spank: :spank: If you’re not careful daydreamer, Santa will have to bring you coal for your stocking! 😛 😛 😛

twindragonsmum 😉

tdm

hehehehe… okay, okay. new theme is now up on the FIRST POST! 😀 Go for it!!!!!!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Okies! Hooray!! Sign me up, please (hopefully the weather will co-operate this time…)

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

twindragonsmum
            Participant

By the way, I have a noobie question 😳 what is altered art and/or mixed media? thankies!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

pegasus4240
              Participant

I’m in. 🙂

-- Angie

Rachel
                Participant

Please count me in!

twindragonsmum wrote:

By the way, I have a noobie question 😳 what is altered art and/or mixed media? thankies!

twindragonsmum 😀

Altered art can be considered sort of like collage… taking something exisiting (pics from a magazine/newspaper/vintage book) and changing it up somehow. here’s some good examples/resources:

http://alteredbits.com/gallery.php
                  http://www.retrocafeart.com/pages/ArtSampleGallery1.htm

Mixed media is definitely more broad. It can really be anything… just use more than one type of media. Such as, photos and acrylic, colored pencil and watercolor, paint and fabric/textiles, found objects… whatever strikes your creativity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_media

machineguts
                  Participant

You know I’m in! 😀

I got my cards today and I absolutely adore them! I will post photos soon! 🙂

Rachel
                    Participant

Woo! I just got mine today. They’re gorgeous!! I got one from Koishii and a print called “Faery & Dragon #3” from Daydreamer. Too cool! I’ll have to take a pic. Not tonight, though. Just got home from work. *yawn* Thank you!!!

machineguts
                      Participant

Here are the cards I received, and they are so gorgeous! I got Kitsunelady’s “Autumn Fairy”, Pegasus4240’s “Dragon Horse”, and a print of Daydreamer’s “First Unicorn”. Kitsune painted interference colors on “Autumn Fairy”, so I included a detail photo of it. Thank you so much everyone, and thank you Daydreamer for hosting the art card swap! I can’t wait for the next one!

Detail of interference colors on “Autumn Fairy”

You know I’m in! 😀 I love winter themes.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 224 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.