fbpx

ART CARD SWAP 2 – New Deadline to Mail JANUARY 31

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion ART CARD SWAP 2 – New Deadline to Mail JANUARY 31

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

Sign me up too, I’m gonna attempt to do something good 🙂

added you Leigha! wow, so many talented folks… I can’t wait to see all the artwork!

kitsunelady
      Participant

My cards came while I was gone to Colorado over the weekend. I got one of Koishii’s (the griffin), and the phoenix print from daydreamer. So pretty! I must find or make some sort of book to keep ACEOs in now. You guys already know what the ones I got look like, but when I find a card-keeper, I’ll take a pic of them in it. 😀

In other news, it’s been so bloody cold here, I’m having no trouble thinking ‘midwintery’ thoughts. >__>; I don’t think this theme will be any trouble for me, with all this delightful inspiration. D:

machineguts
        Participant

I hear ya kitsune, I’ve been wanting to find an ACEO book too! 😀

kitsunelady
          Participant

machineguts wrote:

I hear ya kitsune, I’ve been wanting to find an ACEO book too! 😀

This is a clever idea – http://www.etsy.com/listing/47842032/aceo-album-holds-200 …using adhesive dots to hold the sleeves to a page. I think I might try to find me some of those dots and a spiral-bound notebook with one of those covers you can draw on so I can make it more personal. Ribbon binding and a cardstock cover don’t really appeal to me, or I’d just buy one from her. >.>; Probably some of the pages would need to be taken out of a regular notebook, since the sleeves would make it too fat to close properly…hmm. *rubs chin* I will roll over to Hobby Lobby and investigate the matter tomorrow after work. Now that I’m home, it’s next to impossible for me to convince myself it’s a good idea to go back out in the cold. >.>;;

machineguts
            Participant

That’s an awesome idea, I’d love to see photos if you make one!

Just a reminder… Send-by date is approaching in two weeks! 🙂

Rachel
              Participant

Oy. I know! Too fast!! I’m still pondering. *sigh*

pegasus4240
                Participant

My three are coming along. Will have them done by the 10th. 🙂

-- Angie

kitsunelady
                  Participant

Koishii, where’d you get those card envelopes with the sticky fold-over bit to keep them shut? All I could find at Hobby Lobby were the kind with the open end. o.o;

actually, she didn’t have hers in a sleeve, so i put them in one. anyone who sent one without a sleeve i put them in one, just to protect them. i got them from http://www.clearbags.com

🙂

kitsunelady
                    Participant

daydreamer wrote:

actually, she didn’t have hers in a sleeve, so i put them in one. anyone who sent one without a sleeve i put them in one, just to protect them. i got them from http://www.clearbags.com

🙂

Thanks! I won’t have them in time this go-round, but I like those. 😀

Jasmine
                      Participant

Sorry folks but I’m not going to make this trade. 🙁 Between the stress of hubby not having a job and other family crap, I’m jut not up to doing anything creative. It’s all I can do to get up in the morning. 🙄

pegasus4240
                        Participant

Off to mail my two cards. The third one just refused to cooperate and, well, time is up. 🙂 Can’t wait to see what everybody created.

Hugs to Jasmine. Hope things look up soon.

-- Angie

kitsunelady
                          Participant

Argh, I wrote “Midwinter’s Eve” on the backs instead of “Midwinter’s Night”!! *pulls out hair* :spank:

I knew I should have re-read the first post before I did something dumb (again).

I sent three. >.> They aren’t on cardstock, but it *is* my favorite kind of paper (Pentalic’s “Paper for Pens”)! Also, they make one large picture if placed next to each other…but can also be enjoyed separately (I hope, anyhow..hurrr).

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 224 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.