Another lurker surfaces

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Another lurker surfaces

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Like others here, it seems, I had created an account about 5 years ago and lurked from time to time, without saying anything in the forum.
    I’ve recently acquired a PYO Hippocampus and have been spending a lot of time poring over the forum for tips and tricks to paint this wonderful beast. And I really can’t go much longer without expressing to you good people what magnificent work many of you have done on these figures. Amazing, really.

I’ve been a Windstone fan for many years. I currently own about 16 pieces counting the horsy-fish. When I first saw that one, I absolutely had to have it…and I wasn’t letting the poor exchange on the Canadian dollar stand in my way. So we go without food for a few days, no biggie, right? (Just kidding) πŸ™‚

I’m an artist, but most of my work is on paper/board in dry media. I do some painting, but haven’t tackled anything like this new challenge. I’m looking forward to it. I’m inspired by these amazing sculptures, and by everyone’s hard work on them. By no means will this be my last PYO, I’m sure.

Thanks for a sec of your time, and have a great day!

etruscan
    Participant

Welcome. πŸ™‚ Glad you came in from the cold and said “Hi”.

Stormbringer777
      Participant

Hello and Welcome to the forum!! :party: Have fun here, and don’t let a little thing such as “Food” get in the way of collecting many Windstones!(LOL) 8)

Aggie83
        Participant

Welcome! (love the avatar) πŸ˜‰

jmoore
          Participant

Welcome! And can’t wait to see what you come up with for your horsy-fish!

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

Hullo there! I cannot wait to see your PYO!

Finding happiness again.

MandBsMom
              Participant

Yes, welcome! And we would love to see what you do with your PYO!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Thanks for the welcome! πŸ™‚ The avatar…well I’m a bit of a nutbar, so it suits me. πŸ˜‰

I’d certainly post pics of the horsy-fish once I’m done with him, but it might be awhile! I’m still deciding what color he’ll be…gathering the necessary items to begin…etc. I’m worse than a parent planning for a birth, I guess. πŸ˜€ I’m excited and scared to death. Agggh!

Prezaurian
                Participant

πŸ˜€ Welcome to the forum! I think you’ll have a lot of fun with the PYO. You’ll have to share pics with us when you’re done.

Mercury Star
                  Participant

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see your PYO in the future. πŸ™‚

Kim
                    Blocked

Hello and welcome, fellow Canadian! Which part of Canada are you in? I’m in Calgary, Alberta. I get the low dollar right now but it’s hard to wait on it to change in order to buy some of the pieces on here! I just usually sell some things if I want to buy new ones so they are all in US dollars anyway. If you like painting pyos and you are an artist you could probably make some money selling them too although sometimes it’s nice to paint them for yourself too or to give them away to friends or family as gifts! What kind of artwork do you do or what do you like to draw or paint? I myself would like to do more pyos as I have only painted a couple so far. Maybe when I save more I will get a bunch and make myself paint them. I just sometimes get nervous and find reasons not to paint thinking my work won’t be good enough but I am trying to get over that because I love art and drawing and painting too!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
                      Participant

Welcome to the forums! I can’t wait to see your hippocampus once its done.
                        I hope you have a great time in the wonderful place!

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Dragoneer_88
                        Participant

Welcome to the light! Looking forward to seeing your finished pyo’s.

Marianne
                          Participant

Hi, Safire. I’m new to the group and collecting but love it here. πŸ™‚

Melody
                            Keymaster

Welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.