fbpx

Another Kitty Scare

Home Forums Miscellany Community Another Kitty Scare

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Yay! Give her some snoogles from me *passes Em some of mum’s “better than s*x brownies” to help her recover….*

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jodi
      Participant

Yay, brownies!! πŸ˜€

Thanks. I’m about to go get her now. I’m so very glad.

Jodi
        Participant

Katie came home on Friday, and she was very happy too. The other cats didn’t fight or anything, so it’s all good. She walked like a drunk the first night, but now she’s back to normal. It was sort of funny, she’d trot along and then veer into a wall, or just fall over. I guess she still had some anesthesia in her. We mush up some food with water for her, but she still prefers the crunchy stuff.

Here’s a pic I took last night. All better. Sleeping on Mama’s pillow.

Stephanie
          Participant

Awww. I’m glad she’s back home!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Awwwww! She looks very comfy! Congrats πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

darjeb
              Participant

That’s great news I am glad to hear it.

Yay! See…I told you it would be okay! And cats recovering from anesthetic are a riot…though not always, got bit real bad by one once when I tried to cover his cage door with a towel to reduce his stress and he got out of the cage. Stupid me I went after him with my hands instead of the net, and since he was drugged and hallucinating, he bit the hell out of me. Within a couple hours my hand was completely unusable due to swelling and pain.

After that, I put the towel on the cage before I put the kitty in, and if one did get loose, I used the net!

Funny thing is about a year and half after this incident, another kitty, not drugged this time, but terrified escaped to under the desk in the back office area. I’d already spent some time with it bonding before Ben lost hold of him. Ben had tried to get him and had been swiped and hissed at. So when I got down there everyone thought I was nuts.

They were very surprised when I managed to coax him out and slide him out without getting munched. But he already trusted me a little so he came to me.

It was weird, some of the animals that everyone considered hell on wheels and mean liked me and I could do anything I needed to, but anyone else tried and it and the pet went after them. Not sure why they trusted me and not them though. Doc took advantage of my ability though.

Kyrin

lamortefille
                Participant

I’m glad everything went well and Boo is home all comfy with you! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
                  Participant

Yay, I’m so glad Boo is better!!

–These need some lovin’ too please. πŸ™‚

Yay for Boo!

Yay!!! I’m so out of the loop, that I was about in tears till I got to the end. I am so Glad she is ok, and that it went well. Amadeus is going to be 16 in a couple months, so I know about the old cat thing. He walks like a drunk unless he’s wound up. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
                    Another kitty crisis averted!!! πŸ˜€

Jodi
                    Participant

Thanks, everyone. Sorry, WSC, I should have emailed you. It was just hard to talk about it on a personal level, as scared as I was.

She’s sitting here with me as I read through your comments, and I just had to stop reading and give her a hug.

I’m just glad I have all my kitties and they are all happy and healthy again.

Jodi
                      Participant

Katie Boo’s birthday was yesterday! She turned 14. My old girl. πŸ˜€ She’s doing great, btw. Her weight is filling in and she looks more relaxed and less in pain.

Stephanie
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Katie Boo’s birthday was yesterday! She turned 14. My old girl. πŸ˜€ She’s doing great, btw. Her weight is filling in and she looks more relaxed and less in pain.

That’s fabulous! Happy birthday to her!

lamortefille
                          Participant

Happy Birthday to Boo and many more! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.