fbpx

Another Kitty Scare

Home Forums Miscellany Community Another Kitty Scare

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Today I noticed my Katie Boo chewing her food painfully. She’s had some dental problems in the past and has a cracked molar, so I thought I should bring her to the vet.

Yes, the tooth is infected. She has a large, bloody abcess that makes her gum pull away from her tooth when her lip is pulled back. Another molar may be infected too. I have pain medicine to give her (which seems to make her throw up) and some antibiotics to give her in preparation for her surgery Friday. And she’s fourteen years old.

They took some blood today which gave her an anxiety attack and she was lethargic and panting when they brought her back to me.

Ever since I brought her home from the vet, Merlin and Claire Marie are fighting horribly. Boo is huddled up by the radiator, all groggy from trauma and meds.

The hubby is working late, so I’m by myself, trying to deal with it all, and so worried that I just keep breaking down into tears. I don’t want to lose my Boo. She’s my baby-girl. And I’m not ready.

On top of it all, I’ve been home sick for two days, and trying to deal with that too.

Jodi
      Participant

Jasmine
        Participant

Oh, I’m sorry Em. Why don’t you just tuck the two of you under a nice warm blanket and spend time loving each other. *Hugs for you and Boo*

Hang in there. She’ll be okay, and do alot better once the vet gets that tooth out. You should see a lot of improvement by the end of the weekend.

Just love on her, cuddle her and let he know she’s safe. For her visit on Friday, I would put a shirt or something of yours that you’ve worn recently in her carrier, and have them put it in the cage with her while she is in recovery. Your scent will reassure her that she is safe and should help a bit with the anxiety.

*hugs* Try not to worry, she can sense it and it will just add to everyone’s stress. Which could be why the other two cats are fighting.

Kyrin

Jodi
          Participant

Thanks, Kyrin. The shirt thing is a good idea. I’m going to do that.

She’s curled up next to me on the couch right now, sleeping. She purrs when I pet her, so she’s just groggy from the medicine.

lamortefille
            Participant

Lots of hugs and good thoughts for you and Boo! I hope you can relax some (I know it’s hard)….the stress will make you even more sick. πŸ™

Stephanie
              Participant

*hugs*!

Purplecat
                Participant

Oh, poor Boo…let us know how everything goes, get well soon to both of you. *gives chicken soup to Em and Boo*

Bob

Good luck all the way around

Rusti
                    Participant

What Kyrin said. She’ll be like a new cat with that tooth gone, it hurts like the dickens! She’ll better without it and if it’s infected, chances are that the extraction won’t be that bad either. It may fall right out (figuratively speaking from a tech’s point of view).

Deep breath, count to ten, it’ll be OK.

keschete
                      Participant

I feel for you….I have had my share of these weird things with my pets this year!

Hugs and Hang in there…and good luck….

Purplecat
                        Participant

I had a bad tooth once, hurt like HECK!!!!!!!!! I thought my head was going to explode, once it was out, I was sooo much better. I would rather go through childbirth pangs than have that toothache again. Boo will feel so much better when it’s out. πŸ™‚

AWWW! I’m sorry Em! Snuzzes for Boo!!! poor wittle kittle!

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Hang in there! The shirt idea is a good one and really works well. (It works great on little babies too πŸ˜€ ) Boo will feel much better once that tooth is gone. Feel better! *warm blankie, good book, more chicken soup for Em & Boo*

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jodi
                            Participant

Well, her blood tests came back and her kidneys are a little irregular – nothing to panic about, but it just shows that she’s old. The bottom line is that they are going to have to give her fluids before and after the surgery. It’s the needle in the arm that stressed her out before so I’m concerned that this will do it again. I’m worried she’ll have a heart attack or something.

And I haven’t even mentioned the money this all will cost me – yikes! 😯 I guess my Windstone buying opportunity time is done again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.