Another Fledgling Addict :-)

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Another Fledgling Addict :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I was introduced to Windstone Dragons by a best-girlfriend of mine (who was way ahead of her time when she bought her mini-collection back in the ’80s), a few months ago, and have finally broken through the “Should I? Shouldn’t I?” wall and am the proud owner of 3 BG dragons: curled, coiled, and hatching. πŸ™‚ On their way to my new dragon family as of tonight, because they really are addicting and should have a warning label, young and fledgling.

As I’ve lurked around in this forum, I started thinking…
    I wish there was a separate forum for the dragons. Would that be a good idea? A separate forum for each of the available sculpture types (or sub-forums, if this message board system allows it), to better find one’s preferred discussion area(s)?

Followed shortly by…
    It would also be nice if there were sub-forums of the separate forums for fans of a particular (or grouped particulars) color combo. For example, Black-Golds and Golds Forum, Emerald & Intense Emerald Peacocks, etc.

Just musings. πŸ™‚

Enjoying being here, and I simply cannot get over how exquisite the Windstone Dragons are. πŸ™‚

~ Krysia

Welcome Krysia!

As a fairly new member to the forums, I can verify that your collection will grow faster then you thought it would. πŸ˜€ Mine has doubled since I started prowling the boards.

TY for the welcome. πŸ™‚

Question about the “gold egg” coiled dragons… Is there one out there in the Black Gold? If not, will there be? What’s their story?

πŸ™‚
    ~ Krysia

Just whipped up an image collage of my dream collection (version 1 ;)):

I don’t have 5 posts yet, so I can’t show the image. πŸ™

But I do have the hatching, coiled, and curled so far.

And just ordered tonight, the young and the fledgling.

All Black Gold, of course. It’s my favorite color combination, although the browns are lovely too. πŸ™‚

The golds bring to mind the gold dragons of Β©Pern, every time I think of them. πŸ™‚

Okay, maybe now I can post the image. πŸ˜‰

I’m torn as to which to buy next; due to their cost, I’ll only be able to buy one at a time from now on. The Mother, Lap, or Scratching… any suggestions? πŸ™‚

Skigod377
    Participant

Krysia wrote:

TY for the welcome. πŸ™‚

Question about the “gold egg” coiled dragons… Is there one out there in the Black Gold? If not, will there be? What’s their story?

πŸ™‚
      ~ KrysiaWelcome to the forums! There is not one out yet, but they are being worked on. πŸ™‚ Your dream collection is beautiful! πŸ˜†

Yay, another Pern fan. πŸ™‚ Well, if you’re going to start a brood, I’d suggest getting a Mother to watch over all of them.

Starbreeze
      Participant

Welcome to the forum!!! Glad you could join us!!! πŸ˜€ I love the black golds and fledglings too!!! πŸ˜‰

Maria
        Participant

Welcome, Krysia! Nice compilation of the black golds in that pic.
          As for subforums for dragons and specific colors, there’s not really a need for that. Nothing stays on track here anyway.

Welcome! You’re absolutely right about windstones being addictive, and the forum just accelerates that (mine went from nothin’ to 4 dragons plus 4 PYOs in a month of being on the forum) That dream collection is gorgeous!

I tweaked the picture a bit:

I’ll have to look into the signature requirements so I can use that for my sig pic. πŸ™‚

Quote:

Well, if you’re going to start a brood, I’d suggest getting a Mother to watch over all of them.

That’s a good idea, getting a Mother first. Someone has to watch all those youngsters. Keep them in line and from getting into trouble. πŸ˜‰

Just made an avatar & a sig banner for myself. πŸ™‚

Part of me is still amazed at how much I adore these dragons. LOL…

It’s all Anne McCaffrey’s fault. She did for dragons what Anne Rice did for vampires. LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.