fbpx

An Email Newsletter Announcement has just gone out

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion An Email Newsletter Announcement has just gone out

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

I do not have comcast either. It’s always hit and miss as to if a newsletter arrives for me. I either get one or I don’t and they have never shown up in my junk or spam folders.

Etruscan, thank you for the information on how to find the archived newsletters!

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Melody
      Keymaster

Dang, we pay for this Mailchimp service and it doesn’t seem to work too well!

Susie
        Keymaster

Clay has been having a good look at things and may have found a glitch that could have unsubscribed people by accident. If you are in doubt, you can re-subscribe to the newsletter from the “subscribe” button at the bottom of pages. When you get through the whole process it will tell you you’ve been successfully subscribed, or it will tell you in little red letters that your email address is already subscribed. (Thank you Star Breeze for showing me this!). I did this myself and even though I know I’m subscribed with more than one email address, the banner that invites me to subscribe still shows all the time when I open our website. I think this is because our website doesn’t know I’m subscribed – only Mailchimp, our newsletter host, knows.

Thank you Etruscan for the links to the archived newsletters!

etruscan
          Participant

Clay has been having a good look at things and may have found a glitch that could have unsubscribed people by accident. If you are in doubt, you can re-subscribe to the newsletter from the “subscribe” button at the bottom of pages. When you get through the whole process it will tell you you’ve been successfully subscribed, or it will tell you in little red letters that your email address is already subscribed. (Thank you Star Breeze for showing me this!). I did this myself and even though I know I’m subscribed with more than one email address, the banner that invites me to subscribe still shows all the time when I open our website. I think this is because our website doesn’t know I’m subscribed – only Mailchimp, our newsletter host, knows.

Thank you Etruscan for the links to the archived newsletters!

Thank you Susie! After reading your post I went through the subscription process and got “Subscriber Confirmation” (no little red letters) so apparently I had been unsubscribed.

If the glitch relates to something we might do by accident, it would be good to have it explained.

Megan
            Participant

Seems like I may have somehow been unsubscribed also, since I didn’t get the last two newsletters. I have resubscribed.

Shiarah
              Participant

This is sort of related because it has to do with technical issues on the store-generated emails, and I thought you might want to know:

Lately, I haven’t been able to open any of the links included in either the regular “back in stock” emails for items I had waitlisted, or in the notifications on forum threads I had clicked to see replies via email. The error message I’m getting is “Could not connect to the server” and “NSURLErrorDomain” apparently related to the “Mandrillapp” links generated in those emails—when I go to the site manually, those pages open normally. This is happening regardless of which device I use and in multiple browsers. I’m not sure exactly when this started but it was pretty recent.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.