fbpx

Albino Colour Schemes – Red Eyes Vs. Blue Eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Albino Colour Schemes – Red Eyes Vs. Blue Eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

The Wedding Cake dragons looked perfect with the blue eyes, though.

Ooohhhh I’ve never seen those.

Where might we find these yummy sounding Dragons??? …. off to search!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Skigod377
      Participant

I always go for the pinks:)

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I usually always go for the pink myself. IF they were antiqued in a blue grey or an overall cold color that matched the blue eyes better, I MIGHT go for blue, but usually I always go for pink.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

rachelled
          Participant

I usually always go for the pink myself. IF they were antiqued in a blue grey or an overall cold color that matched the blue eyes better, I MIGHT go for blue, but usually I always go for pink.

I was thinking this about the standing one in particularly for some reason, I liked the pink eyes much better. I grabbed a blue-eyed sitting one to go with it, so we’ll see how they compare when they arrive ๐Ÿ™‚

Blight
            Participant

Pink, because only true albinos have that trait.

Nightcrow
              Participant

This is pretty much how I feel, too. A white critter with blue eyes isn’t “albino” to me, so it just seems like a mislabeled white animal instead of an animal with albinism.

Come to think of it, though, what I haven’t seen and think would be neat would be a white griffin family with dark brown eyes – because I love peacocks, and people often incorrectly call white peacocks “albino” despite their having lovely dark eyes! Maybe the griffins could have subtle white-on-white patterns the way a white peacock’s tailfeathers still have eyes? (Not that I want the griffins to have peacock-tail patterns! Just the idea of very subtle markings, akin to how white peacock feathers show their markings. For griffins, maybe spots/dapples, or faint tiger stripes and wing-bars?)

I have always vastly preferred the albino pink/red eyes. I think the blue eyes were a later addition because some people were ‘freaked out’ by albino eyes?
                The blue eyes to me, are very wishy-washy, they’re simply not my cup of tea.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

etruscan
                Participant

I like the silver eyes with this pattern, but I agree that it also would look good with brown eyes.

Snow #2

And her brother …

rachelled
                  Participant

I tend to regard them as two separate colours almost. The blue-eyed ones are white and the pink-eyed ones are albino!

I really love those “Snow” test paints, they are gorgeous.

Kim
                    Blocked

I have had blue eyed albino bunnies. I personally hate brown eyes but would love white griffins with blue eyes!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
                      Participant

I have had blue eyed albino bunnies. I personally hate brown eyes but would love white griffins with blue eyes!

You may need to watch for some of the old Pearl griffins. They are under “Postponed Production” in the store but I doubt that Windstone will produce that color scheme again.

Melody
                        Keymaster

Public opinion is torn between blue and pink . That’s why we do both!

Mercury Star
                          Participant

I usually go with the pink/red, since the pupil color is more “true” to an albino, even though many albino animals have blue eyes. If you could make a true albino blue eye, one with a red pupil, that would be perfect for many of the pieces. For now though, I will just stick with the pink/red when I am buying a white piece I see as albino, like the standing baby kirin.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Interesting Factoid:
                              An Albino horse with blue eyes is referred to as an Albino with China eyes.

In Nature, true Albinos have no pigment at all, so the eyes for a true, pure Albino would be the Pink/Red version I believe. I like these best as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
                              Participant

Interesting Factoid:

In Nature, true Albinos have no pigment at all, so the eyes for a true, pure Albino would be the Pink/Red version I believe. I like these best as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually, from what I’ve read and heard from many horse connoisseurs, there is no true albinism in horses. Most horses that people claim are ‘albino’ or either cremello or a dominant white.

*Formerly meowmix101
                                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

jmoore
                                Participant

Interesting Factoid:

Actually, from what I’ve read and heard from many horse connoisseurs, there is no true albinism in horses. Most horses that people claim are ‘albino’ or either cremello or a dominant white.

meowmix101 is correct.

Here is a link with info:
                                  http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/white.html

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.