Albino Colour Schemes – Red Eyes Vs. Blue Eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Albino Colour Schemes – Red Eyes Vs. Blue Eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

If there is the option, do you have a preference?

I tend to shy away from the red-eyed albino schemes (even though I’m sure red is the “true” albino colour), but for some reason the standing red-eyed ki-rin really called to me. I can’t wait to see it!

This is mostly in regards to the ki-rins of course, but I know there’s been an albino turtle, Oriental (he looks like a boa!) and probably more, so I’m curious as to peoples’ overall opinions. 🙂

(I’m divided in real life with albino animals too – Oddly I love albino snakes and ferrets with red eyes, but red-eyed rats kind of weird me out.)

P.S. As an afterthought, I bet the White Dragon set would look lovely with red albino eyes, don’t you?? I’m sure it’d be cheating a little since they’re really white and not pinkish/yellow, but pfffft.

Sikek
      Participant

I have always vastly preferred the albino pink/red eyes. I think the blue eyes were a later addition because some people were ‘freaked out’ by albino eyes?
        The blue eyes to me, are very wishy-washy, they’re simply not my cup of tea.

Kim
        Blocked

It’s weird as I love pink anything except for the albino eyes and I think it’s because of the lighter pupils that kind of weird me out. If they were pink eyes with black pupils I think I would like them. I got both albino baby kirins, one with pink eyes and one with blue and I was never able to adjust to the pink eyed one so I had to sell it. With that said, I like anything with light blue eyes so I definitely prefer the blue eyed albinos. I had a blonde rabbit recently that had blue eyes which I think is unusual for rabbits and I just adored her eyes!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

For a ‘true’ Albino coloring, I prefer the albino ‘pink’ eyes with the reddish-pink pupil. That said, it might be neat to have an Albino colored sculpt with the Dark Red with black pupil eye color to be different – maybe for a Dragon? I tend to like the dark red eyes.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
            Participant

I’ve read that on larger animals (or at least some species), albinos do have pale blue eyes not pink. For instance, albino humans have pale blue eyes- if you look closely, you can see the pupils are deep red, not black. Snowflake the gorilla had blue eyes too. I’ve seen this myself, but I’ve also seen pink eyed albino alligators and very large snakes.

etruscan
              Participant

I much prefer the pink/red eyes. In my opinion, light blue eyes on equines (real or Windstone) are very unattractive EXCEPT the current “Snow White” color scheme. Maybe because the paint is a blue-white rather than creamy?

Natasha
                Participant

I much prefer the pink/red eyes. In my opinion, light blue eyes on equines (real or Windstone) are very unattractive EXCEPT the current “Snow White” color scheme. Maybe because the paint is a blue-white rather than creamy?

I’m with you. I’m not a big fan if blue eyes on anything and I like it least on the equines. I can’t put a finger on why but I just don’t care for them. I do have a fantasy baby with dark blue eyes which I’m more of a fan of, but I still like basically every other eye color more.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

I had a mother and baby kirin with blue eyes, had to sell them but I prefer it…..well I preferred it until the standing baby kirins, I looked at the blue, was like meh, then looked at the pink and ended up buying a pink….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

MandBsMom
                    Participant

I’m one that doesn’t like the pink albino eyes. I had to get a standing baby kirin with the blue eyes. To each their own!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Stormbreeze
                      Participant

I prefer the pink/red eyes. I think they’re neat, while the blue to me personally seems rather mundane.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Scathach
                        Participant

I like both on the KiRins, but think they’d be awful on the dragons. The dragons are a different white but look best (IMO) with their lovely golden eyes.

Life is beautiful.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

The Wedding Cake dragons looked perfect with the blue eyes, though.

Scathach
                            Participant

Ooohhhh I’ve never seen those.

Life is beautiful.

rachelled
                              Participant

I had to look these guys up and I totally agree! I think it’s because they have silver accents, which look way better with blue than gold would.

Prezaurian
                                Participant

If I were to purchase a white critter, I’d probably choose blue eyes. I just like the color combination better. It has nothing to do with looking more natural or not.

However, as I don’t buy white sculpts of any kind (blank PYOs the exception) I hardly think my opinion matters. I don’t find them particularly interesting. -shrugs-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.