fbpx

Akitas 4 sale in Colorado Puppies NEW pics

Home Forums Miscellany Community Akitas 4 sale in Colorado Puppies NEW pics

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

khat7 wrote:

no they probably wouldn’t be real good as apartment dogs πŸ˜† On the other hand my daughter has Great Danes and supposedly they make great apartment dogs 😯 πŸ˜†

Danes are the biggest couch potatoes ever. My vet tech classmate had two and they did like to run sometimes, but they were perfectly content to lay like a dead thing on the floor.

Or walk up to you while you sat on the couch and demand kisses.

Leigha
      Participant

I had a family member who kept great danes: Duke and Duchess…the fourth or something like that.

Big love bugs and totally lazy πŸ˜€ They had their own room and their own queen mattress to sleep on.

Awesome dogs ^^

Rusti wrote:

khat7 wrote:

no they probably wouldn’t be real good as apartment dogs πŸ˜† On the other hand my daughter has Great Danes and supposedly they make great apartment dogs 😯 πŸ˜†

Danes are the biggest couch potatoes ever. My vet tech classmate had two and they did like to run sometimes, but they were perfectly content to lay like a dead thing on the floor.

Or walk up to you while you sat on the couch and demand kisses.

Or sit on your lap πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

Setsunawolf
        Participant

They are beautiful. I wish I could help but I have a full house. We will not be adding any permanent dogs to my house until my current crew has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. The foster dogs may come and go as long as they keep to the 2 (3) dog maximum. We usually only do 2 fosters but Miss Niki came for an abuse case and needed some TLC, so we made room.
          Much luck to your friend, and I totally understand stupid neighbors afraid of the big dog. πŸ™„

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bump, Just in case πŸ˜•

Bump for new puppies. Details on first post
          Also mention my name (Marji) and you get a discount, if you know any one at all that might be interested please put them in touch

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/khat7/Akitas%20for%20sale/

Setsunawolf
          Participant

I wish your friend good luck. We’re not taking in any more permanent dogs. With 8 of our own plus 2-3 foster dogs at a time I am maxed out. The cats are voting for the dogs to leave…fortunately their vote doesn’t count. πŸ˜†

Sun Dragon Koi #3

setsunawolf wrote:

I wish your friend good luck. We’re not taking in any more permanent dogs. With 8 of our own plus 2-3 foster dogs at a time I am maxed out. The cats are voting for the dogs to leave…fortunately their vote doesn’t count. πŸ˜†

Thanks.
            πŸ˜€ Sounds like you are full up. I can sympathize with the cats. We have five big dogs and I’m getting one of hers. Also five cats and four horses. But I’ve wanted an Akita for years and we have the room. I’m not gonna pass this up! She has sold her previous litters for $800 to over 1000 dollars. I’m just hoping I can get enough word out to help her sell the rest.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Beyond full, but I couldn’t turn down this very sweet girl who came from a BYB/Puppy Mill. She needs social skills and is quite terrified of people at the moment. The mentally damaged ones are a specialty of mine. My two girl fosters will be leaving a week or so for their new furever homes, so I agreed to take on this girl. With time and work I’ll get her to come around.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

New pictures in first post or look here
              http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/khat7/Akitas%20for%20sale/

if interested email Ann at kawaii@esrta.com mention my name, Marji, for a discount

Here’s my puppy swiping food from her Daddy πŸ˜€

Skylover wrote:

Awww…the tricolored one is a little version of my akita Keiko. Unfortunately, I don’t have the money or room for another one right now. I hope they find good new homes. If I hear of someone who wants one, I’ll point them in this direction.

Hey Skylover, just wanted to jump in here and mention that there is one female puppy that looks nearly identical to Kimi. The one you saw that looks like Keiko. Just thought I’d mention in case anything has changed for you πŸ˜‰

Skylover
              Participant

khat7 wrote:

Skylover wrote:

Awww…the tricolored one is a little version of my akita Keiko. Unfortunately, I don’t have the money or room for another one right now. I hope they find good new homes. If I hear of someone who wants one, I’ll point them in this direction.

Hey Skylover, just wanted to jump in here and mention that there is one female puppy that looks nearly identical to Kimi. The one you saw that looks like Keiko. Just thought I’d mention in case anything has changed for you πŸ˜‰

Aw, thanks for letting me know. I’m doing better financially now. I had a lot of expensive things pop up right around the holidays. However, I have some concerns that are preventing me from getting a puppy right now. First, my house isn’t that large and I don’t know if it would be right to have two Akitas. Second, I live alone and work long hours at work, so I’m not sure that a puppy would do well with my schedule. Then there’s Keiko herself. She’s getting old (9) and she’s very unsure of herself around other dogs right now. She’s been viciously attacked by two dogs larger than her while we were out on walks within a couple months of each other. I now only walk her in the early morning when there’s far less of a chance of meeting other people’s loose and uncontrolled dogs. Anyway, I’m not sure how she will react to a puppy and that concerns me far more than anything else. Unfortunately, at this time, I think I’m going to have to wait on getting another dog. I wish I had better news. Still, if I hear of anyone that wants an Akita, I’ll be sure to point them in your friend’s direction.

Skylover wrote:

]
                Aw, thanks for letting me know. I’m doing better financially now. I had a lot of expensive things pop up right around the holidays. However, I have some concerns that are preventing me from getting a puppy right now. First, my house isn’t that large and I don’t know if it would be right to have two Akitas. Second, I live alone and work long hours at work, so I’m not sure that a puppy would do well with my schedule. Then there’s Keiko herself. She’s getting old (9) and she’s very unsure of herself around other dogs right now. She’s been viciously attacked by two dogs larger than her while we were out on walks within a couple months of each other. I now only walk her in the early morning when there’s far less of a chance of meeting other people’s loose and uncontrolled dogs. Anyway, I’m not sure how she will react to a puppy and that concerns me far more than anything else. Unfortunately, at this time, I think I’m going to have to wait on getting another dog. I wish I had better news. Still, if I hear of anyone that wants an Akita, I’ll be sure to point them in your friend’s direction.

Those are all legitimate concerns when getting a new dog. Poor Keiko getting attacked like that. I hope she was not badly hurt. And your right, being left alone all day with a puppy might not work out well. I hope you have her for a good long time yet. πŸ™‚
                Alf is eight but has been raised with other dogs, kids and cats. Still I am getting a female puppy as he does tend to be other male dog aggressive. He’s never hurt one, just doesn’t like them.
                We live in the country and nearly everyone has loose dogs. We’ve been fortunate so far in that we all know each other and so do all the bigger dogs. We all go for walks up and down our road and the dogs have become well socialized in passing πŸ˜€ Our yard is mostly fenced and should be finished before we get the new puppy. The only real problem we’ve had has been from neighbors on either side of us. One family has Chihuahuas and the other has Dachshunds. ( They also have big dogs on both sides ) The little dogs are so much more aggressive and come through the fence to attack our big dogs. Unfortunately we have a new problem this year. We have new neighbors abut 1/2 mile down the road and they have a couple of Pit Bulls. They are beautiful fawn colored dogs but the stupid guy doesn’t know what he’s doing. He has an in ground electric fence and thinks that will keep them contained. πŸ™„ πŸ™„ NOT I know Pit bulls. My brother in MI raises them. I think they are great dogs…if you know what your doing!! An in ground fence doesn’t cut it. On of them just barrels right through and so far this guys dogs have chased my son on his bike, my daughter and me on our horses and any one who tries to walk that way. They (dogs) are still young and a bit unsure but getting bolder, I’ve been over and tried to talk to the owner but all he does is go on and on about what friendly dogs they are and his great fence system 😑 😑 As we’re talking the dogs are out in the road and the other side of his fence πŸ™„ And we all know that eventually the dogs (and most likely someone else), will pay for his stupidity.
                Sorry, didn’t mean for this to turn into a rant 😳
                back on topic
                Thank you for keeping us in mind. So far four of the ten puppies have sold and two of the adults have been rehomed. 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.