fbpx

Abused Cat found…In my home town

Home Forums Miscellany Community Abused Cat found…In my home town

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I am sorry, but I HATE with a passion my own home town. While perusing through my local news, I happened to run across this article…It is gut wrenching, and a horrific. With quite frankly dire consequences in the end for everyone from more small animals to humans.
    http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-animal-abuse-case-040610,0,3276652.story
    This poor cat already has a person who is willing to adopt him and care for him after he heals. This is sad, and I am horrified to say I grew up in this town and had friends who lived in the exact area it happened in (Population of around 8500). I really begin to wonder what this world is coming to. Most of the times you hear about killers who started out killing animals, and moved on to bigger game. I really hope they catch the person who did this before they get to the people stage. Hell, I’d like to see them catch them before they move on to another helpless animal. And, under no circumstances should an “Entirely indoor” cat be made to live outdoors. The man in charge of the cat’s care, should have found him a home where he was inside all the time as he was before.
    Kudos to the person who is taking this cat in, if they weren’t I would be happy to add him to my kitties! *hugs to the kitty and the people who have worked to save him* I will be stopping by to donate to the fund when Scott goes out to pick up his check on Friday. Perhaps he will be well enough I can meet said kitty and give him a real hug. 🙂 And whoever did this should have it done unto them. 😡 👿 😡

Bob

this is TOTALLY NOT acceptable!!
      Also goes with my newest post I will be posting
      I hope the kitty has a GREAT life from now on

I saw this on FB…. And I do hope that this person has the same done to them. It never ceases to amaze me (in a bad way) how low people can stoop. Animals left in closed boxes on the side of the road, nailing them to fenceposts, tying them in a backyard with a 1ft rope. What makes them think this is ok? 😡

And I hope the new owner gives him lots of hugs for all of us people who are rooting for him.

And I just gave my own kitty some hugs (much to her displeasure….), because after seeing that, I just needed the comfort of a furry friend.

Bob

I’ll be doing the same when I get home tonight

I already did all the hugging could earlier after watching the video. I haven’t been to FB, so I had no idea it was there already. That poor kitty. I couldn’t help it, I cried like a big baby for that cat…And my cats thought I had lost my ever lovin’ mind! 😮 But, they all know there is no place like home. 😉

*sniffle* Poor kitty!

And to think there are people who don’t understand why I insist on my cats being indoors only.

It makes me so sad and angry. Poor cat. I hope it will be okay… I hate people doing things like that! I hate them more than anything. I hope they will be punished. And yes, capable of killing an innocent animal, probably capable of killing human as well… People like that obviously has no empathy and I believe they may be very dangerous…

lamortefille
        Participant

😥 Oh, that is just heartbreaking! That poor innocent cat. As my mom would say: There’s a special place in hell for people that do things like that. Hopefully the person will be caught…first by somebody that will teach them a lesson and then by the cops. Some people deserve vigilante justice!

As an aside, I know that story will bring tons of adoption inquiries. Hopefully some of those people will go ahead and adopt another pet instead…cat, dog, whatever. So many out there need homes. *sigh* That’s not directed at you, WC, it’s just a general comment. I know you are a giving person and take care of as many as you can. I’m full up myself, but would still open a spot in my cat house if necessary. 😈

Oh I know Lamorte, I would take more in if I could. (My friend is trying to get me to take his “Morris” tabby tom cat that lives at his shop. I guess it has started to spray around there, and I TOLD him to get him fixed forever ago! 😡 ) I am patiently waiting for Scott to finally let me get a Russian Blue, or even a mutt kitty that looks like one. I have been in love with those cats FOREVER, and seeing the video about Dusty again yesterday on YouTube, well it just reminded me of that all the more. Uptown here in this smaller than that town (Here we have around 1,500 pop) there was exactly the kitty I wanted running free. But he got took home 3 different times and always came back. You see where I used to work, is the “Dumping grounds” for cats. Some remember people, the good ones who cared for them, and some have been there so long, they don’t remember that people can be just as kind as they can be cruel. Some scatter and some come to you if you bend down. Now what really bit my butt, was that super sweet innocent grey kitty with the most beautiful grey matching eyes ended up with a broken shoulder. He did find a night time home, as one of the store owners takes him in at night now, and he doesn’t roam as far. But it is the most pathetic thing to watch him walk. I still think the kids in town did something to him. And I still keep my ears to the floor to see if I hear anything about it. Cuz, I’d still like a little payback for that cat. I don’t work there anymore, but I still wander by from time to time to check on those kitties and take them a treat or two. I always come home fighting tears. I guess deep down,a s much as I huff and blow, I am always gonna be a big old softy. 😳
          Scott says 2 dogs, 5 cats, and a tank full of fish are enough. And right now, with my life being busy and even without a job, I can’t take on anymore pets. I always thought people were over-exaggerating when they said a big dog eats tons more food…But I wouldn’t give Jake up for the world! 😀 My youngest cat is 3, and the oldest, well I am not sure how old she is. She was a “surprise” you could say…My guess would be early teens though, as she is missing some teeth, and from the looks has been for a while. I don’t rightly know, as she was a rescue. I was supposed to find her a forever home…Well, I did. Right here with me, and all the other furbabies I have in my family. Megan tops in as the oldest in the house now at almost 15, she is 100% Scott’s dog. Only 2 of my cats were not gotten as a rescue, and they were born with me, and will be here until I have to take them to the little area out back…I really don’t look forward to that day at all…Perhaps it’s because OB is still fresh in my mind, and the hole hasn’t quite healed where he spent so much time in my heart. 😥
          And since I could go on forever about all this, I don’t want anyone thinking I am just a cat lover, because while I do love cats most of all furbabies, I do feel the plight of the uncared for horses, chickens, dogs, monkey, etc. So, now that I posted a book, I am gonna go mop up, and watch Regis and Kelly. Bruno is on today co-hosting with Kelly…She loves to copy him, so it should be fun! 😉

darjeb
          Participant

If they catch the person who did this I hope they hang him/her to a pole to let them see what it feels like

lamortefille
            Participant

I hear what you’re saying….all of it. You’re exactly right about cruel and kind, not enough room, lots of responsibility, etc… Poor kitty with the broken shoulder. People just suck! How can you get your kicks hurting something that’s pretty much defenseless?? *sigh* Kudos to you and everybody that feeds and cares for strays.

Speaking of “blues”, last Sunday a guy stopped at one of our watering holes with his “blue” Great Dane. Talk about a kick-a$$ dog! He was a chick magnet and the life of the party. What a gorgeous BIG boy! 😀 What makes a “blue” a true blue? The eye color? No white in the coat? Here’s my fake “blue” Pawley (nope, didn’t name him)…he has gold eyes and small white patches. His fur shimmers, though. lol He was a rescue, semi-feral and he spent his whole first month here hiding under my bed, only coming out when we were asleep:( He’s a big baby now and is out and about all of the time. We luvs him! 😀

darjeb
              Participant

My 1st and 2nd chow chows were blues. They looked gray from a distance but if you got close the tips of their fur was blue. That color is gorgeous on them.

***UPDATE***
                Sadly the kitty passed away this morning. He had massive head injuries and it was on the local news at 12 that he passed away…Someone is very lucky I don’t know who they are…I swear I’d beat them to within one inch of their life and hang them from that pole. 😡 🙄 👿 😥 😡

lamortefille wrote:

I hear what you’re saying….all of it. You’re exactly right about cruel and kind, not enough room, lots of responsibility, etc… Poor kitty with the broken shoulder. People just suck! How can you get your kicks hurting something that’s pretty much defenseless?? *sigh* Kudos to you and everybody that feeds and cares for strays.

Speaking of “blues”, last Sunday a guy stopped at one of our watering holes with his “blue” Great Dane. Talk about a kick-a$$ dog! He was a chick magnet and the life of the party. What a gorgeous BIG boy! 😀 What makes a “blue” a true blue? The eye color? No white in the coat? Here’s my fake “blue” Pawley (nope, didn’t name him)…he has gold eyes and small white patches. His fur shimmers, though. lol He was a rescue, semi-feral and he spent his whole first month here hiding under my bed, only coming out when we were asleep:( He’s a big baby now and is out and about all of the time. We luvs him! 😀

Awww! He’s awesome! I don’t know what makes them blue, but the ones with the eyes that match the coat are so very pretty! But the yellow eyes sure do stick out! 🙂 (BTW…I love your comforter! I have the exact same one! 😆 )
                I just feel so badly for that poor kitty. 🙁
                http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-cat-abuse-death-040810,0,4034263.story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.