fbpx

A forum ACEO Swap?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps A forum ACEO Swap?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Anybody up for another ACEO Card Swap?It’s been awhile since the last one.I was looking over mine today and it got me to wanting to do another.Anybody interested in joining me?Anybody want to host it?

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Aggie83
      Participant

That sounds like fun!

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I might be interested. Would it have a specific theme?

Bodine
          Participant

Not as far as I’m concerned.Draw,color or paint what you wish I think.I have a wonderful menagerie of ACEOs from here and a couple I have purchased off Ebay.Anybody want to collect and send them out?Details of when and where……

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Not as far as I’m concerned.Draw,color or paint what you wish I think.I have a wonderful menagerie of ACEOs from here and a couple I have purchased off Ebay.Anybody want to collect and send them out?Details of when and where……

I might* join. Depends on how i am feeling health wise.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Landipan
            Participant

What exactly are ACEO cards? I’d love to see some examples, and if it looks like something I could do I think I’d join!

*Formerly meowmix101
              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Amstaff
              Participant

Id be interested πŸ™‚

Ela_Hara
                Participant

What exactly are ACEO cards? I’d love to see some examples, and if it looks like something I could do I think I’d join!

Hey meow mix — here’s a link to let you know what they are: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_trading_cards

I just found out what ACEOs were and where to get ‘blank’ cards recently as well, although I’ve been collecting some from a specific artist in the UK for a few years.

Hey Bodine! You can count me in! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
                  Participant

Neat, looks like fun to do cute little quick drawings! Where would one buy ‘blank’ cards? Can they be bought at an art store, or is there someplace better online?

*Formerly meowmix101

SPark
                    Participant

I just make my own cards with a ruler, an x-acto, and some heavy cardstock.

I’m so swamped right now I don’t think I can participate this time, but ACEOs are way fun to make.

Prezaurian
                      Participant

I think I’ll pass. I have some other projects I want to work on.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Neat, looks like fun to do cute little quick drawings! Where would one buy ‘blank’ cards? Can they be bought at an art store, or is there someplace better online?

You can buy pre-made ones from DickBlick, but it’s more cost effective to buy the appropriate paper/card weight stock in a Pad – you can find several at Art Supply stores made for ink/pencil/charcoal drawing, acrylic, watercolors, or my favorite, Mixed Media. I also like the fact that I can plan out my piece and draw, paint, ink it, large enough, then cut it down to the correct size for a natural ‘bleed’ off the edges. That works the best for me. πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

I’d join πŸ™‚ I love doing ACEO’s! I don’t have any from other artists and would love to have some! I’d be game to do mulitples if allowed πŸ™‚

Landipan
                            Participant

You can buy pre-made ones from DickBlick, but it’s more cost effective to buy the appropriate paper/card weight stock in a Pad – you can find several at Art Supply stores made for ink/pencil/charcoal drawing, acrylic, watercolors, or my favorite, Mixed Media. I also like the fact that I can plan out my piece and draw, paint, ink it, large enough, then cut it down to the correct size for a natural ‘bleed’ off the edges. That works the best for me. πŸ™‚

Hmmmm, I have a pad of 140lb hot pressed watercolor paper that I could cut into small cards, would that work? Or does it need to be way stiffer?

*Formerly meowmix101

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Hmmmm, I have a pad of 140lb hot pressed watercolor paper that I could cut into small cards, would that work? Or does it need to be way stiffer?

That should work fine – I used 140 lb Mixed Media paper w/Vellum surface and it worked beautifully for me. I got a smaller 6×8 Strathmore pad that I could easily carry & work on, then cut down the size after I painted & inked. I like to draw/paint in a combination of washes (watercolor, acrylic or colored inks) and ink pens (colored felt tip pens or black ink or color ballpoint pens).
                                Illustration board would probably work well too. I’m thinking of trying a black board with colored metallic ballpoint pens and a light acrylic washes sometime.
                                I used iridescent medium to thin out some acrylic paint on an ACEO I just finished and it gave my washes some ‘shine’ that may look nice with the metallic pen inks. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.