fbpx

A-FOO-FOR-ALL! An Epic Foo Swap! UPDATED OCT 2nd! TIME TO EMAIL ME YOUR PROGRESS!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone A-FOO-FOR-ALL! An Epic Foo Swap! UPDATED OCT 2nd! TIME TO EMAIL ME YOUR PROGRESS!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Let’s do a PYO foo swap!

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! It’s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We don’t have a “due date”, but a “ship date”, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, we’ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (it’s happened in the past).

The ship date is October 16th 2012

Prior to this date, so on October 2nd (two weeks before the ship date) I will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond, with a picture of your piece, before October 9th (one week before the ship date). If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, that’ll be just about 5 weeks to order and paint your piece.

(DATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS SHIP DATE OF OCTOBER 2ND DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND THAT THIS WAS TOO FAST! These fellows are so small, that there should be plenty of time to paint them now. Also, a lot of people already have their pups in hand, but I also left a decent leeway in the sign up period so if you plan to participate you still have a lot of time to obtain a foo pup in the meantime from the store.)

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. That’s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, I’ll reshuffle – hence the picture of the piece. I’ll match the existing pieces as best as I can. Hopefully, I won’t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email me at:
      drag0nfeathers@comcast.net
      No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. I’ll confirm that I got the email as soon as I can.

The sign-up is open from now to September 10th. On the 11th, I’ll draw the names and email them to you.

MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS THE FIRST THING IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
      Example: Forum Name – PYO swap

We will need the following information:
      1. Your full name and address
      2. Indicate if you cannot ship worldwide.
      3. What you want as far as color and/or scheme.
      (you can just leave it up to the painter if you wish as well to be extra surprised)

A few more rules to remember:
      • You are responsible for buying a blank PYO foo puppy and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted PYO foo puppy.
      • The person for whom you’re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like a “secret Santa” exchange.
      • If you’re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you indicate that the package is a gift.
      • Don’t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random.
      • It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
      • Don’t forget to sign the felt pad!
      • Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (I’ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you can’t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

And last but not least, everyone is welcome! Don’t be shy – if you want to participate, please do! HOWEVER if you commit to doing this please try your very best to follow through until the end! Thank you and let’s have fun!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

moonbeam
      Participant

Thank you for doing this!
        Count me in as well! 🙂

Riversgrace
        Participant

I’m in!!!!

siberakh1
          Participant

Me three! Sign me up!

Misty
            Participant

I’m in =)

dragonmedley
              Participant

I’ll be in for sure.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Chloe
                Participant

I have never done a swap and would love to be in on this one!!

wolflodge100
                  Participant

Count me in!

I’d do it to!!

Grayfire_artz
                    Participant

I am IN!!

Jennifer
                      Participant

I’m in!

Kiya
                        Participant

Hmm, I could probably handle a foo swap 🙂

Emily
                          Participant

I am somewhat interested in participating.

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

I’m interested!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Erika
                              Participant

Sure! Never done a swap before, but why not?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.