fbpx

…. >_>

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

AFHeowhagoheiahwfiuehWARGARBLE I hate what I wrote today…. And it took me forever. I’m having a hard time getting back on my feet after being sick. Muse! Come back!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Good job!!! 🙂

I am, of course, an avid reader, but I get stuck if I try writing… 😛
      Beta Sign up for me too!!!! I LOVE reading new work and it would be cool if you made it awesome so I can say, I KNOW THIS PERSON!!! 😀

Hiiiii… by the way.

Maria
      Participant

Eh, the main thing is to just keep plugging along. You’ll go back and toss out or rewrite half of it afterwards anyway.

Adaneth
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Eh, the main thing is to just keep plugging along. You’ll go back and toss out or rewrite half of it afterwards anyway.

This! 🙂 Everytime I get rolling again after a hiatus, it feels like I’m spewing out dung. 😆 That’s what editing/revision is for.

Arlla
          Participant

I know, it’s hard to remember that sometimes… And other times it’s too depressing to think that this awesome subplot I’m writing isn’t actually that awesome or pertinent and will have to be cut later. XD Oh well! I got my word count really easy and quick today! Hooray! And Eben (my hubby) says he thinks he’ll finish the second draft of the first book this weekend. Woot!

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
            Participant

JJ blinked out of sight in Zephyr’s rear view mirror, giving him enough warning to brace himself on the door before the car suddenly slammed hard on the brakes all on it’s own. They were both thrown forward with bruising force, James’s foot scrambling at the pedals to no avail. The radio flipped on by itself and the knob spun all the way up so that the speakers were blasting white noise, but a whisper scratched out of the radio over the loud hiss of static.
              “Who should shut the *BEEEP* up?”
              The car rattled and shuddered before dying completely. Another car blared it’s horn as it careened around them out in the street.

pro tip: Insulting ghosts while you’re driving can be hazardous to your health. censored for sensitive souls.

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
              Participant

“My boy isn’t dead,” Luellen said in a whisper with her hands gripping the back of one of the kitchen chairs tight. The conviction in her voice was so fierce that it snapped Zephyr’s attention into focus on her. The air wavered behind her left shoulder and Julienne appeared staring at her with an odd expression on her face. “I know my boy isn’t dead. I don’t care what they say… I can feel it. Everyone else may have forgotten about him, the whole world might have gone crazy, but I know I have a son, and my baby boy isn’t dead. Someone took him from me, and I want him back!” Julienne shivered and hugged her stomach. Even James had turned to watch as Luellen’s voice had risen and gotten shrill. Zephyr could almost feel the presence in the house shift like a sleeping hulk that had been agitated by a poke with a sharp stick, and he tried to swallow through the tightness in his throat.

-J R R Tolkien

Jasmine
                Participant

Nice!!

Though (and this is just me) I feel like the word “scrabbling for the pedals” , as in trying to get his feet on, works better than “scrambling at”, semantics I know.

Arlla
                  Participant

Hey, I appreciate semantics! 😉 Thanks

-J R R Tolkien

Maria
                    Participant

Possessive “its” have no apostrophes.

Arlla wrote:

“My boy isn’t dead,” Luellen said in a whisper,with her hands gripping the back of one of the kitchen chairs tight. The conviction in her voice was so fierce that it snapped Zephyr’s attention into focused on her. The air wavered behind her left shoulder and Julienne appeared, staring at her with an odd expression on her face. “I know my boy isn’t dead. I don’t care what they say… I can feel it. Everyone else may have forgotten about him, the whole world might have gone crazy, but I know I have a son, and my baby boy isn’t dead. Someone took him from me, and I want him back!” Julienne shivered and hugged her stomach. Even James had turned to watch as Luellen’s voice had risen and gotten shrill. Zephyr could almost feel the presence in the house shift like a sleeping hulk that had been agitated by a poke with a sharp stick, and he tried to swallow through the tightness in his throat.

It helps to read your sentences out loud after leaving them to sit for a day. That way you notice the flow and find little things to fix.

Arlla
                      Participant

Yeek… only a few days to go… I’m a little behind on my wordcount but not bad. I won’t be done with the actual story though, so I’ll only half succeed in NANOWRIMOing it if I make the 50,000 words in 30 days. I think at 50,000 words I’ll still have about a third of the story left to go…

-J R R Tolkien

Jasmine
                        Participant

Yay!! I can’t wait to read the whole thing. 😀

Maria
                          Participant

Ditto!

Arlla
                            Participant

I did it!
                              Mostly. I made my 50,000 – even went 400 words over last night. But I’m a long way from the end of the book! I’d say if I worked at the same pace, which I probably won’t, I’m another good two weeks away… so probably another month! We’ll see. Wow, some days were so hard and others so very easy. What a roller coaster. So much fun!

-J R R Tolkien

Jasmine
                              Participant

Congrats on meeting your goal!! Now hurry up so I can read the rest. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.