…. >_>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

… so…
      …I started writing a book.
      Sort of. My husband’s the writer. He’s working on the first novel of a series we’ve got planned. I’ve been editing that one. But he let me take a crack at the first draft of the second book in the series…

I’m so excited, but also intimidated as heck. I’ve never written anything more than 20 pages, and the vast majority of writing experience I have is essays for school. This is dark fiction. Quite a difference! It’s what I enjoy reading, so I know sort of how it should be, but it’s the sheer weight of a whole novel… and organizing it so it flows and stays interesting… and yikes!

It’s no so bad, really – I’ve got the real author to salvage it later. I’m trying to do a NANOWRIMO approach and just write a bit each day without worrying too much about it being good writing.

I feel a little out of my element! I’ve done a lot of art, but not THIS kind of art!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

-J R R Tolkien

Adaneth
        Participant

Go for it! Don’t overanalyze or let that ‘internal editor’ stop you–plenty of time for rewrites later.

Just like most art forms, nothing like doing it to get better at it! πŸ™‚

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

8D
            It sounds awesome to me!

dragonmedley
            Participant

Yup, just spew it all out as it comes, otherwise, you may forget something. Once you’re done, then you go back and fix anything that needs fixing.

Way to go!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jasmine
              Participant

Very cool!!

Maria
                Participant

Hm, so do we get special privileges like sneak peeks?

Very cool!

And I wanna sneak peak too…. πŸ˜€

Arlla
                  Participant

I’m sure we’ll be happy for beta readers at some point!! What I’m not sure about is how sensitive you girls (and guys) are to the sort of material we’re writing. πŸ˜‰ It gets pretty naughty at points, and is pretty dark all around. But if anyone is interested in that, do let me know!

Augh, I got the flu over the weekend and missed two days! D: …which isn’t all that tragic as I had a big enough buffer in my word count to cover it, but now I have NO buffer and that makes me nervous. Well, I usually go over, so hopefully I’ll make it up…

Got to write a haunted bathroom today. Fun! ^_^

-J R R Tolkien

Sounds awesome! Would love to be part of the beta group! Dark fiction rocks my boat.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Add me to the list of beta readers!!

Laurie
                      Participant

Arlla wrote:

I’m sure we’ll be happy for beta readers at some point!! What I’m not sure about is how sensitive you girls (and guys) are to the sort of material we’re writing. πŸ˜‰ It gets pretty naughty at points, and is pretty dark all around. But if anyone is interested in that, do let me know!

Got to write a haunted bathroom today. Fun! ^_^

I’m tough, you can count me in too. πŸ˜‰

Maria
                        Participant

I’ll be a beta reader too!

Arlla
                          Participant

You guys are so awesome. I will definitely be sending y’all some manuscripts if you’re still interested when it’s ready!

-J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
                            Participant

Count me in as well, please. πŸ˜€ Then I want to buy an autographed copy when it’s published. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.