fbpx

6th ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2016 – SIGNUPS OPEN

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps 6th ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2016 – SIGNUPS OPEN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Yup, it’s that time of year again!
      This year we have a bunch of new people that I think might really like this swap! If you weren’t here last year here’s how it works:

Last year we had a little handmade ornament swap for the holidays. Everyone who signed up received the name of another participant and made a special holiday ornament for them(the person you send to will not be the same person who sends to you). The idea is to use whatever art and craft supplies you have on hand and make an ornament and receive an ornament that someone else made especially for you! The past two years we had an amazing variety of different mediums used: embellished applique ornaments, hand painted balls, beaded glass ornaments, hand crafted dragons, just to name a few!

**SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH (8am EST)** This year, I’m going to do it like the other swaps, it seems to be a great system! On November 11th I will shuffle the names and send you the name and likes of your recipient. On November 24th, I will PM you and ask you about your progress (photos welcome, but not required). Please respond by Wed, November 30th.
      **LAST DAY to SHIP IS DECEMBER 3RD**

To sign up PM me your:
      ADDRESS:
      WHAT HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE (if any):
      A FEW WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU LIKE TO INSPIRE YOUR CRAFTER(do you decorate in a certain color? Do you have a favorite animal/mythical creature that you like to put on a tree? ETC.ETC.ETC.)
      ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY OR DOMESTICALLY? (Last year we had about an even number of participants from both the US and Canada. If you’re not able to ship internationally this year, just let me know and I’ll pick someone who is domestic to you).

**I will send you a confirmation within 24 hours, if you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, PM me again**

Let’s have some fun!

siberakh1
      Participant

This may be a very small group of people this year, but we will still have fun! Please if you sign up, COMMUNICATE if you are running behind or something comes up. The mail service last year was very wonky. It is recommended to ship with tracking this year, as we had one ornament go missing entirely and another take 2 weeks to arrive due to misrouting by the postal service. πŸ™

pipsxlch
        Participant

oh, I’ve participated in the past and it’s great fun! Money is tight, but maybe I can, I have felt and clay and some blank balls…

Celestial Rainstorm
          Participant

I sent my form!

Finding happiness again.

siberakh1
            Participant

We have 4 people so far! Signups close Friday morning, so I can send out notifications/swapee info that evening.

Just a note, I’ll have this thread moved to the Swaps category later this week. So if you don’t see it in the Community thread, check there. πŸ™‚

siberakh1
              Participant

Sign-Ups are CLOSED. I’ll update the first post as soon as I figure out how to edit in the new system.

I’ll send out swapee information tonight. πŸ™‚

siberakh1
                Participant

Ornament swap information has been sent! Let me know if anyone didn’t receive their swapee’s info or if you have questions.
                  We have four participants this year. We are small in number, but we will still have fun! πŸ™‚

siberakh1
                  Participant

Just an update: Thread is now moved to the SWAPS section of the forum. I also found out from a MOD that you can’t edit posts after about 5 minutes or so of the post being posted, so I will not be able to edit the initial post of this thread.

Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with! πŸ™‚

Celestial Rainstorm
                    Participant

Sent mine out today!

Finding happiness again.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Sent mine out! Should be there the first of the week.

siberakh1
                        Participant

Mine should go out Tuesday, but it will go out priority, so it shouldn’t take long to get to its destination.

Celestial Rainstorm
                          Participant

I got mine! And Pipsxich you’re amazing, they’re lovely! I can’t wait to show everyone!

Finding happiness again.

chibishiro12
                            Participant

I got mine today. It is a gorgeous macaw ornament. Unfortunately, the post office did not treat it well. It was snapped in half when I opened it. πŸ™
                              But it does look like I can glue it and it won’t really show. πŸ™‚
                              I’ll takes pics after I glue it back together.

Looking for-
                              red fire young dragon
                              old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

pipsxlch
                              Participant

I’m glad the box got there safely and that you like it, Celestial Rainstorm!

Celestial Rainstorm
                                Participant

Nooooo! I am so sorry chibishiro12, I thought I’d packed it so well. I hate shipping artwork. I hope it was a clean break and nothing else fell off. Super glue works well on Sculpey. Otherwise I really hope you like it.

Finding happiness again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.