fbpx

5th ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2015 – DONE!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps 5th ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2015 – DONE!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Phoegonix
    Participant

Sorry it took so long to post, I haven’t been online much these last few weeks. Here’s the ornament I got from kohl777.
       photo IMG_5568_zpssnxynflc.jpg photo IMG_5566_zps1fkugcxg.jpg
      It’s very pretty! I love the peacock, and the sewing and beadwork are very nice. Thank you!

I’m glad you like it! I’m sorry I forgot to put my name or that it was for the ornament swap in the package – I was just excited to ship once it was done!

MandBsMom
      Participant

Sent mine yesterday! It’s heading up north over the border, so it will take a few days. Hope they are well received!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Ciarnet
        Participant

I got my ornament yesterday, and finally got a chance to get some pictures. Thank you so much! It is a perfect addition to our tree.

photo swao ornament 001_zpskp1cvtfn.jpg
           photo swao ornament 004_zpsfvh4vohd.jpg

Stephanie
          Participant

I got mine today! I absolutely love it! Siberakh1, it’s amazing! You have great talent and I love it! Thank you!!

siberakh1
            Participant

Phew! I’m glad it arrived there safely and you like it! I always worry the mail will crush them in transit. Nah, I’m still learning. ๐Ÿ™‚

I received this very cool pair of leaping snow leopards from Zelda! I <3 snow leopards! Thank you!

photo Zelda_ornaments_snowleopards1.jpg
               photo Zelda_ornaments_snowleopards2.jpg
              The other one is sneaking on the other side of the tree. ๐Ÿ˜‰

siberakh1
              Participant

We are waiting on 3 ornaments that have not made it to their destinations (the postal services in CA and the US are all messed up this year with horrible delays, tracking issues, and lack of scanning items). At least one other ornament has been received, but the recipient has been traveling and hasn’t had a chance to post and will post once they are home again. Everyone got their ornaments out in plenty of time for everyone to receive, so this appears to be solely on the postal service and not a reflection of the wonderful participants. Like the weather this year, this is a wild holiday for sure!

Hannah
                Participant

These are all great!!
                  Sib, how did you make yours? *side note, I have the EXACT same Cinderella ornament! Have had it since the 80s XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

siberakh1
                  Participant

I just got word the last ornament has been received (and one was deemed lost by the postal service and the sender graciously made a second one). Hopefully next year there aren’t so many problems from the postal service!

If anyone hasn’t posted photos yet, please feel free to post them (or the makers of them are safe to post them as well).

These are all great!!
                    Sib, how did you make yours? *side note, I have the EXACT same Cinderella ornament! Have had it since the 80s XD

It’s a pysanky (Ukrainian egg). There are some pretty good sites and youtube. Someone who did an ornament on the swap a few years ago did one and I had a kit I hadn’t ever opened, so figured I’d give it a whirl! It’s a learning process for sure and reindeer and dragons certainly aren’t traditional. ๐Ÿ˜› I haven’t even done 10 of them total and am by no means a master at it. I have one more I need to do for a friend. I’ll make it a point to take photos of the process, and post up a thread with links and photos and stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.