5th ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2015 – DONE!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps 5th ANNUAL HOLIDAY ORNAMENT SWAP 2015 – DONE!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Yup, it’s that time of year again!
      This year we have a bunch of new people that I think might really like this swap! If you weren’t here last year here’s how it works:

Last year we had a little handmade ornament swap for the holidays. Everyone who signed up recieved the name of another participant and made a special holiday ornament for them(the person you send to will not be the same person who sends to you). The idea is to use whatever art and craft supplies you have on hand and make an ornament and receive an ornament that someone else made especially for you! The past two years we had an amazing variety of different mediums used: embellished applique ornaments, hand painted balls, beaded glass ornaments, hand crafted dragons, just to name a few!

**SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN UNTIL THURSDAY NOVEMBER 12TH.** This year, I’m going to do it like the other swaps, it seems to be a great system! On November 12th I will shuffle the names and send you the name and likes of your recipient. On November 27th, I will PM you and ask you about your progress (photos welcome, but not required). Please respond by December 3rd and I will send you the address of your recipient. **SHIP DATE IS DECEMBER 7TH**

To sign up PM me your:
      ADDRESS:
      WHAT HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE:
      A FEW WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU LIKE TO INSPIRE YOUR CRAFTER(do you decorate in a certain color? Do you have a favorite animal/mythical creature that you like to put on a tree? ETC.ETC.ETC.)
      ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY OR DOMESTICALLY? (Last year we had about an even number of participants from both the US and Canada. If you’re not able to ship internationally this year, just let me know and I’ll pick someone who is domestic to you).

**I will send you a confirmation within 24 hours, if you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, PM me again**

Let’s have some fun!

siberakh1
      Participant

The prior hosts were not able to host this last year or this year, so starting this up!

One week to sign up! If you are willing to ship internationally, please keep in mind giving enough time to ship and get through customs if you get a person overseas!

ForestDragon
        Participant

Interested but I don’t think I can participate this year. When I try to look at the links you provided for previous ornament swaps it says “Access denied. You are not authorized to look at this page” ๐Ÿ™

siberakh1
          Participant

Interested but I don’t think I can participate this year. When I try to look at the links you provided for previous ornament swaps it says “Access denied. You are not authorized to look at this page” ๐Ÿ™

Not sure. Those are links from several years ago. I copied/pasted the thread content from the 3rd Annual Ornament swap to save having to re-type everything. I’m guessing either those threads were lost in some transition or something changed in the link, so I just removed the threads.

Phoegonix
            Participant

Signed up! I love making things, and I love getting packages! Win/win!

siberakh1
              Participant

Just a reminder that sign-ups end on Thursday night!

siberakh1
                Participant

Sign-ups end tonight!

siberakh1
                  Participant

Sign-Ups are closed! Unexpected family matters came up today and I am emotionally and physically exhausted. I apologize for the day delay. I will forward names out tomorrow morning.

siberakh1
                    Participant

All PMs have been sent! Again, apologies for the delay. If you are shipping internationally, please remember to allow plenty of time (it can take 2-3 weeks to get through customs!). We have 10 participants this year! ๐Ÿ˜€

Amstaff
                      Participant

Oh darn it, I missed this post, guess I havent been on enough lately. Handmade ornaments are always so awesome ๐Ÿ™‚ Im looking forward to see what everyone gets, even though I cannot participate.

Gosh darn it, I forgot about this…guess what I am doing today?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Phoegonix
                        Participant

My ornament was delivered just before Thanksgiving! I hope my person liked it!

siberakh1
                          Participant

Just a reminder that the shipping deadline is coming up on Monday. You can of course ship earlier if you are ready!

chibishiro12
                            Participant

Sorry it took so long to post, I haven’t been online much these last few weeks. Here’s the ornament I got from kohl777.
                               photo IMG_5568_zpssnxynflc.jpg photo IMG_5566_zps1fkugcxg.jpg
                              It’s very pretty! I love the peacock, and the sewing and beadwork are very nice. Thank you!

Looking for-
                              red fire young dragon
                              old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

MandBsMom
                              Participant

Ooooo, that peacock is really pretty! I’m putting finishing touches on mine. Will be mailed Monday.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.