fbpx

2015 Ebay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2015 Ebay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,145 total)
  • Author

I Want Hit Rod, I Want Hot Rod, I Want Hot Rod…..I WANT HOT ROD!!! πŸ˜€

Natasha
    Participant

I’m with etruscan on this one – that riser does look odd to me with the round pupil eye.

I actually like the eyes with pupils BUT they seem to fit oddly into the sockets. Like they’re more recessed than they should be. Maybe the spectral eyes are bigger?

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Pam

The normal eyes for the spectrals are marbles. The eyes with pupils have a flat back. We had to fill in the sockets on the spectral to make the “normal” eyes fit πŸ™‚

Scathach
        Participant

I’m with etruscan on this one – that riser does look odd to me with the round pupil eye.

I like the eyes. We’re just used to looking at the spectral with the dichroic eyes.

Life is beautiful.

littleironhorse
          Participant

The normal eyes for the spectrals are marbles. The eyes with pupils have a flat back. We had to fill in the sockets on the spectral to make the “normal” eyes fit πŸ™‚

It’s like a completely different dragon! He looks much “softer” with the regular eyes.

fatalbeauty
            Participant

It’s like a completely different dragon! He looks much “softer” with the regular eyes.

agreed and a lot less creepy to me….

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Falcolf
              Participant

I love the regular eyes, he’s cute! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

LuvsDragons
                Participant

I loved the Monarch Spectral. He was so pretty. πŸ™‚ And I LOVE the Black Rainbow OW! I did put a bid on him but I’m sure he will sail far out of reach for me. OW’s generally go for pretty high prices on e-bay. So…..production pieces in the scheme maybe…..Squeek!!! πŸ˜€

Rylorien
                  Participant

That Hot Rod riser is really something else! I like the uniqueness of the spectral with a regular eye compared to the dichrotic orbs you see normally. The color scheme is great, too…aside from the moustache I keep seeing on his face. The metallic blue ‘eyebrows’ are one thing, but those black swirls along his jaw just scream handlebar moustache magnifique (so I can’t not think of him as a dapper gent!).

I do really like the metallic phasing on the edges of the wings. The blue splash on the belly gives me pause as it’s just randomly there, though it’s still a spectacular piece!

etruscan
                    Participant

There was a lot of enthusiasm for the “Hot Rod” Riser, but in the end he sold for store price.

Edit – Now that I look at recent auctions, the “Water Sprite” OW and the “Autumn Falls” female griffin sold for BELOW store price, and the “Oil Spot” scratcher was also roughly store price. Maybe the upcoming Christmas season is affecting the bidding?

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

There was a lot of enthusiasm for the “Hot Rod” Riser, but in the end he sold for store price.

Edit – Now that I look at recent auctions, the “Water Sprite” OW and the “Autumn Falls” female griffin sold for BELOW store price, and the “Oil Spot” scratcher was also roughly store price. Maybe the upcoming Christmas season is affecting the bidding?

probably and or people saving up for GB poads and GB youngs whenever they come out….

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

probably and or people saving up for GB poads and GB youngs whenever they come out….

I think it’s also safe to say (but I’m not speaking for all) that the dollar is stopping Canadian Collectors from making large purchases. I know I’m not overly excited to spend 300 dollars, just to have $401 come out of my account.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bullsquid
                          Participant

I think it’s also safe to say (but I’m not speaking for all) that the dollar is stopping Canadian Collectors from making large purchases. I know I’m not overly excited to spend 300 dollars, just to have $401 come out of my account.

That is definitely a factor. I have been loving many of the Ebay test paints listed recently, but I have to keep my max bids around $250 less than what I would spend if the dollar was at parity. That’s a big difference.

jmoore
                            Participant

Love the Oil Spot Lap and Mother and the Moss Young!

Bullsquid
                              Participant

Huzzah, the return of Moss! πŸ˜€ I had hoped we’d see more of those.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,145 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.