fbpx

2012 Windstone eBay AUCTIONS

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2012 Windstone eBay AUCTIONS

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

As I have mentioned before, I am fairly certain that most if not all of the “special first ten editions” were painted by production painters, even though they were signed by Melody. To my knowledge, the Black Grand Unis, some of our very first eBay pieces, were also not painted by Melody. So this is not a new occurrence. It would probably be a good idea though to find some way of marking these pieces so there is no future confusion about whether Melody painted them or not (I will talk to john about it). For the record, PS did not have a problem with Melody signing this piece, since it was not a color scheme she (PS) invented. 🙂

Gosh, I’ve been around forever and even I didn’t know that! Thanks for the information.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Regardless of who painted it, that rock dragon has the PERFECT amount of patina on it.

And the indigo scheme fascinates me. Loved it on the curlie. Hated it on the gryff & fledgling. LOVE it on the male. *scratches head* I wonder why it affects me so differently on so many different scupts?

Kelly
      Participant

That Indigo male is “WOW”! :O :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Jennifer
        Keymaster

The indigo color is very rich and lovely. I bet it is particularly pretty in person. The gold detailing on the bed of blue reminds me of high quality lapis with some pyrite mixed in.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Adaneth
          Participant

I am loving that Indigo Moon Dragon! 🙂

Pam

The Indigos do look a lot better in person. The male especially. Color schemes just “work” really well on him. Maybe I could get PS to paint an Indigo Emperor?

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

The “Copper Patina” Little Rock Dragon is signed by Melody, but the text says that he was painted by one of the production painters. I am guessing that Melody signed him because Copper Patina is one of her color schemes, even though this piece was painted by somebody else? Or is the text wrong and he actually was painted by Melody? Either way, he looks very handsome!

The CP rock dragon was painted by P.S., but signed by Melod since it is her color. This is also what happened with the CP stegosaurus and the CP prototype OW’s 🙂

When I see a signature on a piece of art, I assume it was painted by that person. If P.S. painted this piece, it should be signed by her, not by Melody. People see Melody’s signature and often pay more just because it is “signed.” Does anyone see a piece signed “Melody Pena” and think it was painted by someone else?

I’m agreeing with you syn, now I am wondering how many of Melody’s pieces I have that weren’t even painted by her. Probably mostly the production “style” stuff. Like ALL my Violet Wolf Griffins and “special” paint Red Fires, Golds, and Black and Golds I have… that’s sort of a shock actually. They go for so much more money and they weren’t very special afterall, but I know the COA’s all speak in the first person “I have painted in the style…” with Melody’s signature. I wonder if the Prototype Old Warriors in colors like Black and Gold, Emerald, Peacock, etc were painted by production painters too?

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

I wasn’t aware that the COA’s speak in first person. Let me get some confirmation from Melody about who painted the first 10 editions. I didn’t think it was Melody, but I could be wrong (perhaps the original dragons were painted by a production painter and the sparkle paint was added by Melody). I know for sure that the special amethyst lap dragons and CP OW’s were not painted by her, and the COA’s should say they were painted by someone else. The auctions for the other first 10 editions were not made by me, and they don’t specify who the painter was. Regarding the violet/purple wolf griffins, the impression I got from the auction description is that they were painted by a production painter and then Melody added the violet colors… But let me get some confirmation on that.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Sounds good to me Pam. I’d just be curious to know.

I don’t have any of the special Amethysts or Copper Patinas so I cant check on that, but I’m pretty sure the Red Fires, and the Black and Gold, Gold, and Em Pea *special 10 invisible paint* versions all are in the 1st person. The violet Wolf Family too I thought. I’ll have to double check.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
                    Participant

I recall Melody saying that the first 10 “specials” of a color that are listed on ebay are NOT painted by her, but by production painters.
                      My memory could be faulty, but that’s what I remember. Or maybe it was about a certain color.

Syn
                      Participant
                        Pam

Ok…
                          Melody has confirmed that the special first 10 editions of production colors (Gold, RF, BG, etc) were painted by production painters, but the sparkle paint on some of them was added by her. The auctions and COAs for these pieces do not say who painted them. Melody thinks she probably painted the Violet Wolf Griffins, and may have painted the Black Grand Unis, but she can’t remember for sure. The COA’s for these pieces also don’t specify who the painter was. There was an edition of special prototype BG Old Warriors that Melody did paint, and the COA’s do say that she painted them.

Additionally, regular production items do occasionally pop up that have been signed by Melody (probably signed as a gift).

Mike
                          Participant

Wondering why the poppy jasper stone was not used on the newest Mars dragons? I like the natural stones and thought the poppy jasper was a good fit in color. Was it a supply issue or just trying different colors?

Pam

I only have one really good-looking poppy jasper stone left, and would like to save it for something else (nothing specific yet). The tigers-eye worked in the adult oriental so I used that instead 🙂 There were no stones small enough for the young oriental.

Syn
                              Participant
                              Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 183 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.