fbpx

2006 Retiring pieces/colors

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody 2006 Retiring pieces/colors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Which sculps and additional colors will be retired this year? The reason I ask is that on Astral Castle it was showing that the Sea Jewel Mermaid was retired, but I hadn’t seen any posts about it. If this is true does it also mean that the Sea Fire Sconce will also retire? Sorry to bug.

Participant

frozendragon
        Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

Which sculps and additional colors will be retired this year? The reason I ask is that on Astral Castle it was showing that the Sea Jewel Mermaid was retired, but I hadn’t seen any posts about it. If this is true does it also mean that the Sea Fire Sconce will also retire? Sorry to bug.

I hope the sconce won’t be retired…..I want it and haven’t been able to buy it yet…. πŸ™

Jennifer
          Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

According to my papers, neither have been retired, unless they’ve retired them within the past month (which is always possible!). I think Karen could confirm if need be!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Participant

I contacted Karen. She said that the Sea Jewel mermaid had been retired for some time (and they are now out of them at the factory), but no word yet on the sconce. Apparently they still have some left to paint at the factory, but they’re not sure if they will produce more or not after that.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

I contacted Karen. She said that the Sea Jewel mermaid had been retired for some time (and they are now out of them at the factory), but no word yet on the sconce. Apparently they still have some left to paint at the factory, but they’re not sure if they will produce more or not after that.

Weird! My apologies. The are still on the list I have as available. My mistake. 😳

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Melody
                Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Yeah , we retired them the way we do things: One day we realized we had sold out of them, and decided not to paint more. This is why we sometimes don’t manage to save samples for ourselves! I don’t know about the Sconce, you gotta ask Karen.

Arlla
                  Participant

Hmmm. I think you should start a new policy – when you’ve sold out and decided not to make any more, make ONE MORE BATCH so that you’ll have one for yourselves (which is important, I would think!!) and we have a teensy bit of warning about something being retired.

Just a friendly suggestion from one of your slathering, obssessed collectors.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Participant

Arlla wrote:

Hmmm. I think you should start a new policy – when you’ve sold out and decided not to make any more, make ONE MORE BATCH so that you’ll have one for yourselves (which is important, I would think!!) and we have a teensy bit of warning about something being retired.

Just a friendly suggestion from one of your slathering, obssessed collectors.

I think that would be a really great idea. That way your collectors won’t go into panic mode and start checking the sofa cushions for loose change! Or robbing banks to get the last few pieces on sale. πŸ˜€

It would give us a bit of a buffer so to speak.

Participant

frozendragon wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

I hope the sconce won’t be retired…..I want it and haven’t been able to buy it yet…. πŸ™

Hey Frozen,

Where you the forum member that collected all the candle lamps? The reason I ask is if you are, could you recommend what type of screws/hardware I need to scure a heavy sconce to the wall. I purchased the Mermaid sconce and I know it’ll be heavy. Since this is the only one I have I’m not sure of the best way to hang it.

I use 3″ galvenized decking screws. If you have a stud finder it also helps! πŸ˜€

B.T.W. – It holds up the Lion Sconce. πŸ˜‰

frozendragon
                        Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Hey Frozen,

Where you the forum member that collected all the candle lamps? The reason I ask is if you are, could you recommend what type of screws/hardware I need to scure a heavy sconce to the wall. I purchased the Mermaid sconce and I know it’ll be heavy. Since this is the only one I have I’m not sure of the best way to hang it.

yup….that’s the last one I need too….and like windstonecollector said….find the stud…hmm that’s probably not a good thing to say around a lot of women….

but anyway…I just use a thicker screw with a bigger head on it….and put it directly in the stud at a nice angle…I didn’t get any specific kind just longer and thicker….and they work great….

just don’t make the angle too steep…(my wolf head jumped off the wall once because the angle was too sharp and he didn’t settle right)….

and I hope ski doesn’t read any of this because all of it could be soooo….taken the wrong way….

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

LMAO @ Frozen!
                            Well Ski is bound to see it, but in the mean time, know your message was misconstrued already

*really wants to comment further*

frozendragon
                            Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

LMAO @ Frozen!
                              Well Ski is bound to see it, but in the mean time, know your message was misconstrued already

*really wants to comment further*

yes I know it was…but how else would you say it…..

*sigh*….no comments in open forum….that might embarrass someone…..(not me)….but someone…

Skigod377
                              Participant

That whole post was just sooo X-rated. Can you say “Innuendo?” I knew you could.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.