18 reCAPTCHA Later

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback 18 reCAPTCHA Later

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I click remember me and on my phone it usually just lets me check the box and log in with no captchas. A couple times when I clicked log in too fast though it made me do the captchas a couple times and then logged in. One day it did it a lot and it annoyed me but now it isn’t again. So I don’t know how it works.

As for spelling I’ve always spelled things the British way being in Canada. I kind of like the U in colour and words like that. But it is weird when I have US English spell checks on everything.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bullsquid
      Participant

That’s so weird that everyone else has to go through these elaborate checks just to log in. All I have to do is click a checkbox that says “I’m not a robot”, and that’s it!

pipsxlch
        Participant

I’m the same as Bullsquid-on both my desktop and this old Samsung tablet. And checking the ‘Remember Me’ box keeps me checked in the full 2 weeks no issue for both.

Should this discussion be moved to Help & Feedback I wonder? Then Clay could see it.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Perhaps so. I’m afraid the intricacies of keeping up to date on Captchas is outside my scope of knowledge. I’ll move it over there now.

I also (Firefox, desktop PC) just have to click a “I’m not a Robot” Captcha. I’ve never had the one where you must click similar items (etc).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Yea I didn’t really mean it to be seen as a bug or something that needed Clay’s attention, it was just a random rant…. I do that a lot… LOL! It’s funny though it seems to have gotten a little better the past few days though.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nightcrow
              Participant

I have to add my frustration with the recaptcha here, I guess. I’m not having as many problems as some people, but the has to be an easier and less finicky way! I have used other sites where the Captcha is a simple question, e.g. ‘What is 2*3’ or ‘If today is Tuesday, what day is tomorrow?’ These types of Captcha load a lot faster, since they don’t need images, and as a bonus they are easier for vision-impaired users (or other assistive-software users) to handle… Might be worth looking into?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.