fbpx

Zephyrus – commissioned by starbreeze

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Zephyrus – commissioned by starbreeze

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Aphelion
    Participant

Nice job! Those colors are amazing! 😯 I don’t think you can get much closer to the real bird. πŸ™‚

Sure! Actually, I have written lots of stuff over time, but it’s all disparate (short ideas, lengthier novel stuff, RP stuff) and not terribly contiguous (and it’s oooollldd). If I can find some digital work and clean it up for reading (e.g. don’t have to retype from a hard copy, remove obsolete passages) I’ll send you some! It’d be a good excuse for me to start writing/editing/brainstorming again anyway. πŸ™‚

Now back to your regularly scheduled PYO thread… ;D

Maria
      Participant

πŸ˜† Thanks!

Starbreeze
        Participant

GB, all I can say is WOW!!!! I just had my son look at the pics and he said “COOL”!!!! I asked him if he wanted anything changed and he said “no way!” Your coloring and detailing are fantastic!!! We are so lucky to be getting him!!! Thanks so much!!! πŸ˜€

Maria
          Participant

Warm fuzzies. πŸ˜€ Thank you, star – you and your son both. If you think he’s fine as is, I’ll put the clear coat on tomorrow and mail him on Monday.
            Thanks again for giving me my first comission – and such a fun, bright one at that. I loved doing him. πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
            Participant

He is good to go!!!! πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Cool. πŸ˜€
                I do want to add that, though the pictures turned out quite nice, they didn’t capture all of his colors. He had some cyan on the green lining of his wings, and his cat part has ultramarine shading in it. Just so you know. πŸ˜‰

I like the green pattern around his eyes and the orange feathers. The top half looks like a real bird. One thing I noticed is that you have the top part of the beak a different color. Was there a reason for it? Anyways, congrats Star.

Maria
                Participant

Yeah, a lot of the macaws in my reference have white on the tops of their beaks. The transitions isn’t abrupt; there is actually gray shading all the way up until the ridge. I thought that making it white and black more intersting than just making it the same black as the claws.

laphon1
                  Participant

That’s gorgeous GB. Star and her son are lucky to get this one.

*whimper* Now I am crossing my fingers even more for the PYO exchange…

Kyrin

Kujacker
                    Participant

Oh man. I absolutely LOVE his face! That must have taken forever. He’s awesome :>

Maria
                      Participant

Thank you – also for the hint, Kyrin! πŸ˜€
                        Actually, you’ll be surprised but the face really wasn’t hard. I dabbed my tiniest brush in Hooker’s green and drew on a few lines. Then I washed them off, and spread the green-tinted water all around his eye. Dabbing it dry, I then drew the finished lines, fading them on his brow ridge. It took less than five minutes per side. The yellow cheeks, of course, took extra time.

Beautiful job! You captured the bird colors really well! I love the way you did the face.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

WOW, GB!! He’s fantastic!! I love all the detailing on his feathers and on his head…and his cute little grey claws. omg. You did a superb job! Do you use paint brushes or something else? Do you work under a magnifying lens? I’m totally impressed. *thumbs up* 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.