fbpx

Your Favorites! (Getting to know fellow members)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Your Favorites! (Getting to know fellow members)

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Your favourite colors: Green, blue, bluish purple, jewel or earth tones

Your favourite animals: Dogs, fish, lizards, dinosaurs, horses

Your favourite mythical creature: dragon! Nessie

Favourite food (that can be mailed): *thinking* I don’t know, not into sweets; maybe jerky?

Favourite flowers: Orchids! four o’clocks, carnation, death smelling ones

Favourite gift: Windstones! šŸ˜› , gift cards, books, dinosaurs

Favourite collections: Windstones, rocks, shells, books, quality dragons/lizards/dinosaurs or domestic fish items (i.e. goldfish, angelfish)

siberakh1
      Participant

For as long as I’ve been on this forum, it appears I never filled this out.

Your favourite colors: Blues; purples; greens; burgundy colors; and silver – I love deep hues; colors like the water (aquamarines, topaz, sapphire colors); twilight tones, or colors of twilight/dusk and the night; icey tones

Your favourite animals: Wolves; tigers; snow leopards; lynx; foxes… also like birds (blue jays, cardinals, birds of prey, chickadees, wrens, nuthatches, some parrots); owls; beavers; moose; skunks; other odd creatures.

Your favourite mythical creatures: Unicorns; griffins; dragons; werewolves

Favourite food (that can be mailed): Haribo gummy bears or cherries; fruity and green teas; really good and sharp cheddar; sweet tarts; Cadbury eggs (regular creme or mini); orange, cherry, mango, and mint flavored things.

Favorite flowers: lilacs; violets/johnny-jump-ups; lavender; roses;

Favourite gift: other than windstones, handmade stuffs from different locations in the world,

Favourite collections: Windstones, Swarovski(c), rocks/gems/minerals/fossils, asian balljoint dolls, original My Little Ponies (gen1), plushies, Fenton animals, Kinder Egg toys (I don’t like the chocolate actually), kawaii Japanese things (I also collect Obi), little things whenever I travel, so I have a small collection of random things from my travels.

Scathach
        Participant

I saw your comment, siberakh1 and thought the same thing.

My Favourite things

Favourite colors (up to 5):
          Purple, teal, white, black, and silver.

Favourite animals (up to 5):
          Cat, horse, wolf, osprey, and snowy owl.

Favourite mythical creatures (up to 5):
          Unicorn, Dragon, KiRin, Griffin, and Pegasus.

Favourite food (that can be mailed) (up to 5):
          Dark chocolate, tea, coffee, and, hmmm…. not sure what else…

Favourite flowers (up to 5):
          Peony, lilac, lily of the valley, viola (Johnny jump up), and almost any purple, teal, black or white flowers.

Favourite gift (up to 5):
          Books, dark chocolate, gift certificates, scarves, and jewellery.

Favourite collections (up to 5):
          Windstone, Princeton Gallery, David Winter, rocks/gems/minerals, and books.

I added a couple of categories:

Favourite Artists (up to 5):
          Melody, Susan Seddon Boulet, Edward Spera, and Georgia O’Keefe.

Favourite Authors (up to 5):
          Currently: Preston and Child, Jesse Owens, and Philip K Dick.

Life is beautiful.

Bodine
          Participant

Autumn Leaf Secret Keeper!!!!!!!! :love:

Every act matters.No matter how smallšŸ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one dayšŸ¤žDream on.

Purplecat
            Participant

Your favourite colors (up to 5): green, copper, bronze, blue, purple

Your favourite animals (up to 5):
              cat fox bluejay raven

Your favourite mythical creatures(up to 5): gryphons, dragons, living clockwork

Favourite food (that can be mailed)(up to 5): cookies, tea, jelly belly candies

Favourite flowers (up to 5): dandelions, irises, zinnias, poppies

Favourite gift (up to 5): scarves, carnival glass, mineral/gem specimens

Favourite collections (up to 5): BOOKS. rough gemstones, scarves

StormDancer
              Participant

Oh I guess I have missed this thread before as well!

My Favourite things

Favorite colors:
                Burgundy, purple, blue, black and green (all in the more darker jewel tones)

Favorite animals:
                Horse, dog, wolf, snow leopard and snowy owl.

Favourite mythical creatures:
                Dragon, KiRin, Griffin, Poad and Pegasus.

Favourite food (that can be mailed):
                Enstroms Almond Toffee, milk chocolate, honey, pecans, strudel

Favorite flowers:
                Carnation, lilac, peony, columbine

Favorite gift:
                Windstones, Enstroms Almond Toffee, Cheval Ponies, crystals

Favorite collections:
                Windstone, Cheval Ponies, Breyer, crystals, Books

Favorite Artists:
                Melody, Jody Bergsma, Josephine Wall

Favorite Authors:
                Mercedes Lackey, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Piers Anthony, Robert Jordan

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Chris Lewis
                Participant

My favorite dish is Fudge Cake:

A very chocolatey, moist Chocolate Fudge Cake this is much like chocolate dust cake, however not as dense. Made with both melted chocolate and cocoa, AND crowned with chocolate ganache, this one is positive to enjoyable your chocolate cravings!

Super smooth to make, very forgiving, no stand mixer or beater. Just one bowl and a wooden spoon!

Chocolate Fudge Cake

I may be disowned as an Australian for pronouncing this, however Iā€™m not the hugest fan of classic Chocolate Mud Cake. I find it too dense and doughy, and it receives caught to the roof of my mouth. Itā€™s veryā€¦ā€¦ermā€¦..Dust-like.

Duh.

Creative writing isnā€™t my uniqueness, is it?? Hey ā€“ Iā€™m a meals blogger. Not a creator! šŸ˜‚

So this isnā€™t a classic Chocolate Mud Cake because it has a bit of raise in it, but it is nonetheless way fudgier and dirt-cake like than ninety nine% of different chocolate cakes, including my own regular Chocolate Cake. Call it a Chocolate Fudge MUD CAKE in case you need!! (Bit an excessive amount of of a mouthful for meā€¦. šŸ™‚ )

Why I love this fudge cake a lot

I recognise there are a LOT of chocolate cake recipes ā€œaccessibleā€. But hereā€™s why I love this Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake so much:

Itā€™s intensely chocolatey ā€“ thanks to using each melted chocolate AND cocoa powder.
                  Beautifully moist and fudgy ā€“ subsequently the name!
                  Terrific flavour. It surely tastes of chocolate which, as extraordinary as it sounds, is really rarer than you would possibly suppose.
                  You simply want a wood spoon. No stand mixer, no electric powered beater.
                  Itā€™s genuinely foolproof. Iā€™ve cooked it on high for shorter intervals of time, and occasional for longer. Iā€™ve had to dash out of the house earlier than it was fully cooked and left it within the oven (became off) to complete cooking. And it continually works out. Why? Because itā€™s so fudgey, it is honestly difficult to overcook so it will become dry and it isn’t always meant to upward push very a whole lot so you donā€™t ought to fear about that element both!
                  The Chocolate Ganache Frosting is loopy smooth too. Cream + chocolate, soften, mix, cool. No beating!
                  Everyone is going mad over this. Chocolate on chocolate. Enough stated!

How to make this fudgy wet cake

You would be forgiven for thinking youā€™re creating a brownie when you start making this Chocolate Fudge Cake. Because this is in fact wherein the roots of this cake recipe is drawn from.

Did ā€¦ The reason you see hot water in chocolate cake recipes is because it makes the cocoa ā€œbloomā€, making the cake flavor extra like chocolate!

Crackage is ordinary! Itā€™s type of like that crinkly top of brownies ā€“ because this cake has elevate in it from baking powder, it ā€œburstsā€ thru the crinkly pinnacle. But donā€™t fear, the cracks are much less outstanding once it cools (because it sinks a chunk) and itā€™s completely hidden below Chocolate Ganache!
                  Difference between chocolate fudge cake and dirt cake

I had a person on Instagram asking me what the difference is between Fudge Cake and Mud Cake so I thought Iā€™d explain!! Chocolate dust cake is so dense that it cuts cleanly with ideal edges and honestly no crumbs.

In contrast, fudge cakes have more of a cake-like texture, like what you notice within the near up of the slice on the pinnacle of this publish.
                  Chocolate Ganache Frosting

Iā€™m of the opinion that if weā€™re going to make a Fudgy Chocolate Cake, letā€™s absolutely power domestic the decadence and chocolate flavour via frosting it with chocolate ganache.

If youā€™re new to Chocolate Ganche, youā€™re going to simply love this. Rather than beating icing sugar and butter for a while and ages like we do with Chocolate Buttercream, Chocolate Ganache is made definitely with cream and chocolate thatā€™s heated until the chocolate melts.

When warm, itā€™s a chocolate sauce you need to pour over the whole lot like the Baileyā€™s Fudge Kitchen.

When it cools, it has the consistency of peanut butter. Easy to spread and swirl in your cakes or cupcakes, and the entirety in among.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.