fbpx

Yet Another Squeak Thread …for Barn Swallow Dragons!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Yet Another Squeak Thread …for Barn Swallow Dragons!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Not sure just how hard this color is to mass produce, but I have been waiting patiently for a nice, vibrant color that would be a suitable replacement for Rainbow for it seems forever. Not many production colors have really made me literally run to a shop window and fog it up, but I think if this color made it to production, or even Limited Production it would be a huge hit for Windstone.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Silver, Gold, Amethyst, Emerald, White, Ruby, but overall they are all sort of monotone as a whole, with highlights of similar colors used in small amounts to enhance the main base color.

Only really Peacock, Emerald Peacock, and Black and Gold have had strong variations with Red Fire meeting somewhere in the middle and from what I know I’m pretty sure Peacock & Emerald Peacock, and Red Fire (even though it was retired rather quickly) have been the biggest selling colors for Windstone over the years. (I could be wrong, but I thought that was the case) Rainbow has been the only truly vivid/somewhat gaudy (but in a good way) color that has ever made it to a production level and I think the Barn Swallow color FAR surpasses it. It has the same flashy appearance… but without the gaudy! ^_^ LOL!

This may only be my opinion, but I REALLY REALLY hope this color can be available at some point for those “bright color” enthusiasts out there. I think you got a winner here!

If I was in a marketing position, I’d go with Barn Swallow, and a Teal/Ocean Blue color as well for future production and you would have almost all the bases covered as far as a wide fantasy color pallet for production including all the past colors that have come out and since been retired.

I know it seems like every other auction we are all like “Melody, make this a LP or a production color” but I think this one has some real potential!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Danzig Moon (Karen)
      Participant

The colors on the griffin on Ebay “Ocellated Turkey” is AWESOME also. I would LOVE to see that on a dragon set. :bigsmile: OH the “Barn Swallow” is totally AWESOME also. Should prove interesting on the larger dragons!!! :bigsmile: P L E A S E!!!!

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

twindragonsmum
        Participant

The colors on the griffin on Ebay “Ocellated Turkey” is AWESOME also. I would LOVE to see that on a dragon set. :bigsmile: OH the “Barn Swallow” is totally AWESOME also. Should prove interesting on the larger dragons!!! :bigsmile: P L E A S E!!!!

He’s a beauty and there’s no doubt about that!

twindragonsmum :love:

tdm

Misty
          Participant

The little barn swallow dragon is gorgeous :bigsmile:

squeek! squeek! squeek!

Lupuslunae
            Participant

It is an amazing color scheme, so glad to see it on dragons even if they are dragons I can’t afford =P But LP barn swallow dragons would be so awesome. The bright colors are breathtaking.

Christine
              Participant

Yes, all of this! I also loved the Sea Green color scheme, with the rich jewel tones. The Barn Swallow color and Ocellated Turkey color are just what I love the most–gorgeous jewel tones!

I would RUN to the store if these colors were put on the sculpts I collect. And some I don’t, most likely!

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Yes! I’m squeaking for Barn Swallow colored dragons and more colorful dragons in general. I’m in love with the Turquoise/ Ocean colors as well.
                  On a side note, any chance there will ever be Sitting Spectrals, coiled mommas and coiled males done in the original Rainbow? I’m still hoping to complete my rainbow set someday. With that said, if Barn Swallow was ever going to be the next ‘rainbow’ color, I would be very cool with that ;).

Mike
                  Participant

Same person is lucky enough to get both Barn-swallow test dragons. Guess they are starting a set if they do one.

Melody
                    Keymaster

I have no idea how hard the Barn swallow was to paint , P.S. painted that one!

Arlla
                      Participant

Definitely my new favorite dragon color. I’ll squeak for these. (the blue crab fledge was also wonderful!)

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                        -J R R Tolkien

Nicole
                        Participant

i vote for anything bright and colorful

PurpleTurtle
                          Participant

I just saw another Barn Swallow dragon on ebay – the Fledgling – and I have to say every time I see this color scheme I love it more. Gonna *squeak* again in the hopes this graduates to a store item or even a production color for all of the dragons. I love what the Lap and OW would look like ;).

Leigha
                            Participant

Ditto on the squeak of barn swallow for production

Misty
                              Participant

Oh for this to become a production color! *big soulfull begging eyes here* lol

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

The fledgling looks like a blue violet flame-like the VF fledling, just with lots of blue and less purple. I like the color though! It looks awesome with those teal eyes (and the yellow on the other dragons)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.