fbpx

Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    megamibabe16
    Participant

Beautiful again! Heart’s Blood really would make a awesome Christmas dragon. Olive I especially like. I think you should go with the lavender eyes. They just seem to fit more with the color scheme to me. I love the way you blended the colors on this one, and the contrasting purple accents are brilliant.

Hannah
      Participant

Thanks everyone πŸ˜€ I can’t wait to get some better pictures up of these guys, the pictures I seem to take in my kitchen just can’t do them justice. I’m hoping there’s enough sunlight (and less wind) tomorrow so that I can get some better pictures up. Also, Olive now has permanent blue eyes and a topaz jewel in her tail, and she’s hanging on to a chain that dangles a little crystal. I’m so bad at working with pieces of chain, it took me forever to get it on right! Luckily it doesn’t look half bad πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

siberakh1
        Participant

I like your latest keepers as well, especially the second one. I agree… both eyes look great. Just depends on what personality/effect you want to go with. πŸ™‚

Hannah
          Participant

One great thing about living in New Hampshire as compared to other states I’ve lived in is that we get a decent amount of sun in the winter. However, with sun also seems to come lots of wind ><

In any case, I got some nice afternoon light so I took some better photos of my most recent Keepers πŸ™‚

Heart’s Blood:

Olive:

Olive really looks gorgeous in the sunlight. I added gold and green interference directly to a lot of her paints and you can really see that in her scales in the sunlight. I really like how adding them to the paint gives it a pretty little shimmer.

I also got her trinket in – it turned out nicely, though I must admit that working with wire is a LOT easier than working with chain!

bayoudragon
            Participant

I am absolutely lovin’ those greens. Gorgeous! πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Olive is my favorite Keeper you’ve done so far-shes wonderful! She reminds me of a forest…or better yet, an enchanted forest because of the purple on her…O.O Or a forest with pretty purple flowers. Either way, the colors you picked for her are great! I love the soft white on her too.

Kelly
                Participant

Amazing job!

WolfenMachine wrote:

Olive is my favorite Keeper you’ve done so far-shes wonderful! She reminds me of a forest…or better yet, an enchanted forest because of the purple on her…O.O Or a forest with pretty purple flowers. Either way, the colors you picked for her are great! I love the soft white on her too.

I agree with Wolfen, you have an eye for color combinations. The interference really makes her speak.

Apari
                  Participant

*hangs head in shame* πŸ˜€ Yes I looked! HB looks awesome! That’s such a rich red, does kinda look like blood. Hehe
                    I really love the green accents too, just a few more days till I get to see it in person! squeek*

Hannah
                    Participant

Thanks everyone! I’m almost surprised that everyone loves Olive so much – not that I don’t love her, I do! I just thought that Heart’s Blood was more stunning, but that’s my personal opinion. Just goes to show that you can think one thing about your PYO and everyone thinks something different πŸ˜†

And tsk tsk Sagi!! Just kidding, you lasted what – 5 days longer than me? I looked as soon as I saw your post up! πŸ˜† I’m really glad you like him πŸ˜€ I think you’ll really like him in person too!

Hannah
                      Participant

I have been blessed with a mother who got a new camera for Christmas πŸ˜† so these pictures should be better than they had been. I know for sure they’re better because they’re twice as big on my computer and although I have to size them down quite a bit, I think you can still tell a difference.

This is a Keeper version of the “Haze” color scheme, done for a forum member by request. The first pictures are of her and the real Haze on the day that I sent the little dragon off to her new home – the Haze Keeper had not yet been antiqued on the belly, and gosh I can really tell a difference! I think I may have to stop questioning whether or not to antique things anymore after seeing these pictures. It’s almost like she was naked before.

Haze’s design is mostly interference work on her scales – each painted individually – which was a lot easier than it sounds! I ended up falling in love with her and I will very likely paint myself one in the near-ish future. She has Metallic Lavender eyes and is holding a little crystal moon that changes color depending on where you view it from. I placed an amethyst colored jewel on her forehead and a crystal in her tail to match the moon – these corresponded to the original placing of the same colored gems on the original Haze, it was almost like I was trying to recreate the dragon “all grown up”!

While playing with my mother’s camera (I took a whopping 65 pictures of this dragon trying to get the lighting right, in several different rooms, in several different situations/backgrounds, etc.) I found that the best place for me to shoot is still outside in the daytime, though I was hoping that it would work indoors and with a dark background because I feel like that looks more professional. Anyway, I included one of those pictures just to get people’s opinions on the color differences – even though it’s muted, does it still look OK? In any case, here she is!

Also, here’s a quick preview of the Keeper I’m currently working on, Blueshift. I’ll be going in vaguely the same direction as Haze as far as using interference to create much of his scale patterns, but he will also be somewhat celestial themed… of course, I took this photo inside and you can see what that does to the colors from the pictures above! πŸ˜† oh well..

Thanks for looking!!

Kelly
                        Participant

Really nice, Yeral. They look great. πŸ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                          Participant

Oh, it’s BEAUTIFUL!! The antiquing worked out great!!

dragonmedley
                            Participant

I think Olive is my favorite.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Apari
                              Participant

That’s gorgeous! I think the antiquing helped.
                                Your new one looks good already, that’s a cool color.

Hannah
                                Participant

Thanks everyone! πŸ˜€ I’m pretty excited about this new one too – if he comes out the way I want him to (which of course he probably wont) πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 323 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.