fbpx

Wow…..Updated!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Wow…..Updated!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

Wow…just wow…If it’s you’re JOB to sign a marriage liscence then by FEDERAL LAW you can’t deny them. If he does it as a service and doesn’t get paid to do it by the government, the it’s his choice, but really?? Seriously??

He better not get away with that. It’s retarded, and should never happen. I’ve known interracial couples that were perfectly happy, and couples of the same race that never made it. It’s not the race difference that will make or break a marriage, but the individuals within the marriage itself.

Jasmine
        Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

He better not get away with that. It’s retarded, and should never happen. I’ve known interracial couples that were perfectly happy, and couples of the same race that never made it. It’s not the race difference that will make or break a marriage, but the individuals within the marriage itself.

Ditto!! I’m Chinese and hubby is Caucasian and we’ve been together 13 years now. My brother and wife are the same and they have been together just as long and they have 2 beautiful kids.

Rachel
          Participant

I couldn’t believe it when I read that. In this day and age… No reprimand needed. Just fire him.

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I agree–how sad. In this day and age when we have people here from all over the world–there are bond to be lots and lots of interracial marriages! This is nothing new and children from these marriages do just fine thank you! Just when you think that we are making progress in inner racial relations something like this comes up—one step forward and ten steps back! 😡 👿

Skigod377
              Participant

Good grief. I hate when people abuse their power. Its ok to have your own beliefs and opinions, but dont abuse your power to express them. :negative:

Stephanie
                Participant

You know… the way I see it… there is only ONE RACE… the HUMAN RACE…

everything else is ethnic background…

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Serenity wrote:

You know… the way I see it… there is only ONE RACE… the HUMAN RACE…

everything else is ethnic background…

I totally agree with you there, Serenity!!! My Mum’s best friend (goes way way further back than uni) enlisted in the Peace Corp. back in the early 1960’s. Camille was sent to Nigeria and totally loved it! It’s where she met Yusuf, her husband. They just celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary! My parents with help from Camille and Yusuf raised us children from both families to be “color blind”. We are all God’s Children and hair color, eye color, skin color, whatever, was NEVER an issue – we were all just family. And boy oh boy can genetics turn out some very beautiful and striking combinations! Halah and her brother Talu are absolutely stunning! Their caucasion grandparents called Halah and Talu their “cafe au lait” grand babies… The world would certainly not be as lovely as it is today if Yusuf and Camille had been denied a marriage liscense because of their “differing races” and our family wouldn’t be the same without them either!

twindragonsmum

tdm

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant
                    Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.