fbpx

Wow….I feel so insulted by this listing…..

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Wow….I feel so insulted by this listing…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140124647624&rd=1&rd=1

Look at the sub listing…and then just read the rest of the listing….Do we know this person??? HOW RUDE!

DantheDragon
        Participant

Geez x_X That’s no way to encourage anyone to buy something.

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Also reported them for keyword spamming :mrgreen:

DantheDragon
            Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

*cackle*

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I reported them for keyword spamming. Very rude. Good luck selling it with that attitude!

Edit: Haha! Nirvana beat me to it. Well, they’ll get a few reports on it then.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Good job. I noted that too. I agree, awful attitude. Well, they will reap what they soe.

I don’t recognize the Ebay name though. I wonder if it was one of those bad sellers from a long time ago and they just changed their name?

SilverArrow wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Good job. I noted that too. I agree, awful attitude. Well, they will reap what they soe.

I don’t recognize the Ebay name though. I wonder if it was one of those bad sellers from a long time ago and they just changed their name?
                  If they changed their name then it would say so, right? I have talked to this person and they don’t seem to be rude. I think they are just trying to sell it a different way.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

What’s keyword spamming?

I’m really out of touch here.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

What’s keyword spamming?

See all the words at the bottom of item descript? By putting all those “key words” in, if someone does a search by description, if they type in “Fairie” they will get their listing, even though the listing was not about a fairie in anyway.

dragonmedley
                      Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

What’s keyword spamming?

See all the words at the bottom of item descript? By putting all those “key words” in, if someone does a search by description, if they type in “Fairie” they will get their listing, even though the listing was not about a fairie in anyway.

Aaaaah! I see (actually, I hadn’t at first; I guess I didn’t scroll down enough). It’s the first time I’ve seen this, but I’m not on ebay all that much.

And I agree with all of you; I wouldn’t buy it either. What a terrible attitude!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

ROFL! rude, but…i mean really, it is sooo funny! It reminds me of kids on a playground again.”i’ll show you!”

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

I was going to write them a little “note” telling them that they shouldn’t be so misinformed and insulting, but didn’t….because I did MY research, and pretty much all of what they say factualy in the auction is true. It is really hard to find a picture of the Dragon Gargoyle by either Google or Google Image search. The link to Astral Castle comes up as like the 6th one down and then you have to actualy search the encyclopedia for the sculpt. And I couldn’t find one in the Google images as well, at least not on the first 6 pages. The piece is retired, and you really don’t see that many of them on ebay. So I ended up just reporting them for keyword spam as that was really the only thing they were doing that was outside the rules. Ebay doesn’t really have anything in the rule book about being pugnatious (sp), rude or beligerant. People just won’t buy from them.

And I’m not saying that the person isn’t nice when you actualy talk to them (their other auctions seem very professional) but this one just really rubbed me the wrong way….Made me feel like they didn’t really care about the piece, or the people that might really want it. I mean, it’s not a GREAT price, but it is not completely unreasonable, considering that it was originaly sold at $40-$44 (Astral Castle), while the Unicorn Gargoyle that they mention ($80, Astral Castle) goes for about double that price and is equaly as rare to show up on ebay.

Anyway…I was trying to be reasonable and didn’t do anything too rash ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Tiffany
                            Participant

lol! i made that guy an offer when he ran it the first time….lol! thats too funny about this guy.. is he browsing our feedback to see what we buy? not that there is anything wrong with that…but iiiiiiiiiii bought a peacock lap dragon for $125 which is in my feedback… sounds like he is referring to that in part as i had made him an offer, i bet he checked me out……or is he just going by what he sees sells? that is a bit obnoxious that he put that stuff right in his subtitle area! wow! lol! wheeling n dealing doesn’t work too well with these, unfortunately. people like to feel comfy with who they are buying from. boy that is a better price too, esp. with the shipping… if he didn’t put that prodding stuff on there i would maybe go for it as i really want that piece….that makes it feel funny now though…but the pics aren’t too good either, you can’t see if there is any damage.. i’d like to see better pics…you can rarely can trust the sellers word that a piece is not damaged if they arem’t super into them…….
                              i got a real dud dragon off of ebay recently where the piece was described as being well cared for, living its life in a cabinet… but it had substantial chips with mismatched paint cover ups, all the gold details flaking off as they were painted back on… i had gold paint peels all stuck to my hands! plus i got charged double for shipping! i am not sure what to do, i have to email the seller…. but they sold off their collection and i wonder if some of y’all have some coming to you….if you have any nasty surprises in store like me… ๐Ÿ˜•

NirvanaCat13
                              Participant

What auction was that?

It’s kind of the same situation with the whites that I got…. ๐Ÿ˜•

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.