fbpx

Wondering if we can buy extra crystals or eyes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Wondering if we can buy extra crystals or eyes?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sorn
    Participant

I noticed there are spaces for extra jewels spots on my PYO barongs but it only comes with two, can we buy extra matching gems for those somewhere I have never seen on the windstone editions menu part of the site before? Also I buy my PYOโ€™s with a color scheme in mind, but often it changes. Iโ€™d love to be able to buy some of the eyes and gems separately in case I change my mind after painting them. Iโ€™m not even sure if this is the right forum room to ask in. Hopefully it is. Can we buy gems and eyes separately as extras for our PYOโ€™s? It would be helpful for me as I paint them for my grandchildren (I have 5 of lol) and they constantly change their minds about colors. I keep my production pieces for myself and my adult โ€œkidsโ€ but I give PYOโ€™s to my grandchildren to keep their little fingers off of mine or their parents.

May your days be blessed with shade and sweet water. ~ElfQuest

etruscan
      Participant

A list of sources for eyes and gems, and some discussion of the topic, is in the “Paint Your Own” category.

PYO Eye & Gem Info – sizes, sources, etc

Sorn
        Participant

Thank you, Iโ€™ll go check there. Is there a way for me to delete my question post or am I stuck on here asking a stupid question forever?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Sorry, Iโ€™ll see what I can figure out. Thanks for directing me to the right place.

etruscan
          Participant

Thank you, Iโ€™ll go check there. Is there a way for me to delete my question post or am I stuck on here asking a stupid question forever?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Sorry, Iโ€™ll see what I can figure out. Thanks for directing me to the right place.

I believe the post is permanent, though you could try asking Clay to remove it.

And don’t worry – we all ask questions that we later regret! Think of it as providing information for future people trying to navigate the website. ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
            Keymaster

Your questions aren’t stupid!

Susie
              Keymaster

This is not a stupid question! We don’t sell eyes or jewels and extra jewels are not available for the Barong or any other piece that can be adorned with more than what we send with it.

Eyes can be exchanged If you change your mind about the color theme and need different eyes and you are in the U.S. To do that, contact me by email service@windstoneeditions.com with the color you need, the PYO sculpture its for, and your mailing address and I can send you another pair. Later on, when you know you won’t be using the extra eyes you have, you can mail the extras back to me. If you are totally unsure of the eye color that you will need, you can ask for an extra pair (just one please) at the time of your order. Its also possible to ask us to send one eye of one color and the other of another color if your animal is “odd eyed”. You can put notes to us on the order in the Customer Notes section (go through the screens slowly, its easy to miss).

Megan
                Participant

What if we have a production piece that has lost a crystal? I have a red fire mother dragon that has unfortunately managed to misplace one of her forehead gems and I have no idea how to go about finding one to replace it ๐Ÿ™

Sorn
                  Participant

Thank you Melody, and Susie for saying my question wasnโ€™t stupid, and the added info. Admittedly I was a little embarrassed about not checking the PYO section and asking it here.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ So that helped with the embarrassment. I checked the links and saw some gems Iโ€™ll probably be buying for barongs, and the information about eyes exchanges and different color eyes in comments in the order section was very helpful as well. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Melody
                    Keymaster

What if we have a production piece that has lost a crystal? I have a red fire mother dragon that has unfortunately managed to misplace one of her forehead gems and I have no idea how to go about finding one to replace it ๐Ÿ™

Contact Susie@Windstoneeditions.com If you send her a photo of the dragon’s face, she can send you another jewel.

Linda Watson
                      Participant

Hi Sorn: I have had great luck purchasing swarovski crystals off of etsy. The seller I most often buy for is Futuro. I usually get a selection of certain colors – like a bunch of different blues or greens. They have great prices and a good selection of various sizes. Thanks, Linda Watson

Linda Watson Gresham

pipsxlch
                        Participant

Does anyone have the size of the gems for the barong? It’s not on the chart.

etruscan
                          Participant

Does anyone have the size of the gems for the barong? It’s not on the chart.

This is info from the store description of the barong:

There are a total of 9 holes that can hold point back jewels in size 24PP (we are sending you 2 of these) and 6 holes that hold size 18pp or smaller.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.