fbpx

wolf in progress, PYO#2

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone wolf in progress, PYO#2

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Finally getting a little more painting done. I think I prefer the dragons, there’s just too much detail on fur and feathers ๐Ÿ˜† Colors are just a little yellower than true due to indoor light, blue cast on left is outdoor light.

Painted darker base coats, then drybrush with lighter colors up to the highlights. The body is mostly done, he needs his nails done, a couple spots fixed, and some detailing on the face. I’ve just started blocking in the color for the wings. If I remember correctly, he’s got straw eyes.

any suggestions ?

DarkLadyPhoenix
    Participant

Wow! I like it! IS he going to be for sale or are you keeping him?

Wow – he’s gorgeous. (No suggestions, just wanted to say wow)

dragonmedley
      Participant

I like him. I would add a wee bit of dark color on the wings (don’t know where) for added contrast.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
        Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ Beautiful work!

I agree with dragonmedley–the wings do look a little flat compared to the wonderful feeling of ‘depth’ with the fur texture.

Jodi
          Participant

Wow! I agree. Wow! Are you selling him? ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley wrote:

I like him. I would add a wee bit of dark color on the wings (don’t know where) for added contrast.

Looks great, want to add to Dragon’s comment here, how about antiquing the wings with the darker brown once you have the colors you want done on them? That would bring out their details and blend them further into the whole.

Just a suggestion.

Also want to add, that it’s beautiful, great job.

Everyone has been making such pretty PYO’s lately.

Kyrin

Maria
            Participant

Looks good. I agree that the wings need a bit of dark so they tie in, but other than that, I wouldn’t change anything.

thanks for the encouraging words, everyone.

So far, the wings have maybe 10-20 minutes of work on them, I just needed to get some basic color. It’s like starting painting on a pure white canvas or writing on a new sheet of paper – ack, where do you start ?

You guys are right about needing to get some dark color in the wings. I was thinking of making the leading edge of the wing darker, and the longest feathers (primaries ? I don’t know much about bird anatomy ) Do some shadow striping, banding, whatever it’s called… Just paint some and see what happens. Yup, some antiquing on the wings, too. Need that little bit of darkness to bring back the texture.

Also, maybe blend the transition a bit more where it goes from fur to feathers on the shoulders, it’s a little abrupt right now.

As for selling, I haven’t really thought about it, this is only my second one. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

he is really stunning, i love that deeeeep dark fur.

Patricia
                Participant

Wow, he is going to look great when you are done! Let us know if you decide to sell!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Skigod377
                  Participant

He is really nice! I like him alot!!! I love the natural looking ones.

I really like this one as well. I think you would do well if you decided to sell it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.