fbpx

Winter and Christmas Around the Corner

Home Forums Miscellany Community Winter and Christmas Around the Corner

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Just curious–will be my first Christmas here on the forum and what happens around here? Does the store have special items they sell or we do anything special on the forum? Just wondering.

Laurie
        Participant

We wish each other Merry, Happy. Melody sends out Christmas cards. πŸ˜‰ Some of us buy or paint each other stuff. πŸ˜• And we tell each other how much we love and appreciate each other on a thread here. Some show us their Christmas trees and decorations. It’s very nice. πŸ™‚

Bob

Nothing REAL Special that I can remember though
            Just Holiday’s with teh family

Christmas cards from Melody (I got mine in early February…. πŸ˜† it got returned to sender or something…) πŸ˜†

We show off Christmas trees, Windstone Christmas gifts, wish each other the best for the season….

Snow got ya thinking of Christmas? I miss fall. We just sort of skipped it this year… πŸ™

LadyFirebird
            Participant

Just occurred to me that Christmas was a little over 2 months away! Just curious if the forum did anything special. We don’t get snow where I’m at but it does seem snow is coming early to some folks. It’ll rain some time this week and it is getter colder. Don’t have that much money for Christmas and everyone I know is in the same boat. I bake cookies and such so people will be getting a tin of cookies and goodies. People in my neighborhood are decorating for Halloween! Almost forgot about that–candy and goblins!

Bodine
              Participant

8) My kind of folks πŸ˜€
                I hope to go see grand-babies in Arkansas this year.I hope a lot of holiday pics get put up.I would love to share a Christmas of sorts from around the country and our neighbors abroad.My first year πŸ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Maria
                Participant

Christmas is mail time for me. Write lots of cards, make up lots of packages… I always start way early – like, beginning of October – in collecting gifts for people. That way I can enjoy the buildup to Christmas without stress.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Don’t feel bad about starting to collect Christmas presents in October GB. πŸ˜€ I actually purchased a Christmas present for someone last year a few days after Christmas last year (when the “new” tortoises were on ebay). It’s been sitting in my closet waiting to be given this year.

lamortefille
                    Participant

I’ve also started Christmas shopping. I can take my time picking things out and spread the spending over 3 months. You have us all beat though, pegi! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

I don’t normally start shopping quite that early, but if I see a good deal on something I want to give as a Christmas present I won’t hesitate to pick it up. That’s how I managed to get my dad the “Band of Brothers” box set at Target for $20 (normally closer to $60)! I just wish I had realised my brother wanted the series too. Hasn’t been on sale that low since. I snagged the tortoise because I knew my friend would love it since she collects turtles/tortoise and I’d already given her the hatching tortoise.

I make many of my gifts, last year it was afghans, this year rag blankets, so I have to start early, LOL. Just ordered 30+ yards of flannel from ebay so I can start a few more when it get here πŸ˜€ . My sister in law does the baking so I leave that up to her, last year it was carmel corn and home made salsa :yum: .

Maria
                        Participant

I think that’s great, ruffian. Handmade gifts are wonderful, especially useful ones like blankets. I think you can never have too many blankets. πŸ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.