fbpx

Windstone Wizards

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone Wizards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Is it just me or does it seem like an increase in the amount of people selling wizards? It seems like everyone is getting rid of them… all different ones. Thoughts? Reasons?

Kathleen
      Participant

I have noticed some on kijiji in my area. I love the wizards but they dont seem to hold their value for some reason. I jyst got a wizard today in the mail! A white mouse wizard! I love him sooooo much he is here to stay forever 😀

pipsxlch
        Participant

I think it’s a couple things with them… at one time, they were the (or almost the) most popular sort of figure Windstone produced. I think I remember Melody saying that once, and wizards in general were hot 30+/- years ago. So there were a lot produced, and wizards aren’t so popular anymore. Plus, the people who would have bought them all those years ago and maybe treasured them since, are getting older now. Many may be starting to downsize their possessions, or even sadly passing, and their family just aren’t interested in wizards.

The human wizards are pretty common on the secondhand market- even more so than the dinosaurs (don’t see near as many of those as you’d expect) and peacock dragons (maybe). The animal wizards are much harder to find secondhand and seem to hold their value better. Just my observations and thoughts.

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

Maybe they’re tired of looking at a statue of an old man? Nothing against wizard collectors…different tastes or changing tastes, right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.