fbpx

Windstone related travel

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone related travel

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

I went about an hour and half each way for a lap without a box…though bad me didn’t eat first, I was a little loopy when I got there, just want to go out and eat once I got there….

Hope you got to eat somewhere good! I just stopped at McDonalds in the afternoon on the way back, bleh!

Heather
      Participant

Hmcarr10, I don’t know where in FL you are or if she’s still around, but we did have a member- Kalandra- who did repairs and was located somewhere around the Treasure Coast.

Oh ok thanks! I’m in the St. Augustine area so that could be a possibility. I get down there sometimes.

Heather
        Participant

About 40 miles is the furthest I’ve gone. (That’s how far I live from the Windstone factory. I know, I’m very lucky!)

I would have declared bankruptcy by now if I was that close to the Windstone factory!

fatalbeauty
          Participant

I went about an hour and half each way for a lap without a box…though bad me didn’t eat first, I was a little loopy when I got there, just want to go out and eat once I got there….

Hope you got to eat somewhere good! I just stopped at McDonalds in the afternoon on the way back, bleh!

my husband and I ended up going somewhere closer to home, I didn’t want to get lost so we waited….I devoured that Chili’s pizza…

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

littleironhorse
            Participant

Hmcarr10, I don’t know where in FL you are or if she’s still around, but we did have a member- Kalandra- who did repairs and was located somewhere around the Treasure Coast.

Oh ok thanks! I’m in the St. Augustine area so that could be a possibility. I get down there sometimes.

Kalandra is still around, we corresponded a few weeks ago. And she’s very talented. πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
              Participant

I drove 300 miles round trip to pick up a white old warrior once…but she was a friend from the forums and I wanted an excuse to see her πŸ™‚ gas cost me more than shipping would have lol That 150 miles one way and I’m just at the next major city (Houston to Austin, Tx) You can drive for an hour and still be in Houston. X_X

Heather
                Participant

I drove 300 miles round trip to pick up a white old warrior once…but she was a friend from the forums and I wanted an excuse to see her πŸ™‚ gas cost me more than shipping would have lol That 150 miles one way and I’m just at the next major city (Houston to Austin, Tx) You can drive for an hour and still be in Houston. X_X

Wow! Well at least you got to see a forum friend. I think we should have some kind of annual event like DragonCon or FaerieCon but for Windstones – maybe it could be called GriffinCon or something haha.

SPark
                  Participant

Life keeps getting in the way of organizing such. I was going to host one next summer, but then I got pregnant, and I just do not think I could manage to run a convention, even a small, informal one, with a brand new infant at the same time.

Someday, I swear, I’ll try again! Maybe the summer after… (I’ve run mini-cons before, they are a ton of fun! “Real” conventions require waaaaaaaaaaay too much money and work and whole committees and thousands of fans to support, but mini-cons where a couple dozen enthusiasts get together to do something are sometimes more fun anyway.)

darjeb
                    Participant

Some of y’all have me totally whipped! Farthest I remember driving is about 130 miles one way, but I decided to make a day of it and spend several hours at the beautiful Gulf coast beach so it was worth it- plus it was $100 for 6(?, a few years back) dragons. I’m in Florida also.
                      I’ve done at least 2 others around 100 miles one way (more beach days!), an 80 one way, and a couple 60 one ways that I remember. If I’m travelling out of my area, I try to check Craigslist for the areas I’m going to and driving through just in case.

Aren’t you the person that sent me a bunch of starter plants/trees. If so you should see them now. The Orchid Tree is about 10 ft. (or more) and other tree is rally big and wide and that one multiplies like a weed and I have given a lot of my neighbors starts off of it. Again thanks

darjeb
                      Participant

I did one time but the person I purchased the Windstone only lived about 12 miles from me as I live in Boynton Beach and the seller lives in West Palm Beach.

Heather
                        Participant

Some of y’all have me totally whipped! Farthest I remember driving is about 130 miles one way, but I decided to make a day of it and spend several hours at the beautiful Gulf coast beach so it was worth it- plus it was $100 for 6(?, a few years back) dragons. I’m in Florida also.
                          I’ve done at least 2 others around 100 miles one way (more beach days!), an 80 one way, and a couple 60 one ways that I remember. If I’m travelling out of my area, I try to check Craigslist for the areas I’m going to and driving through just in case.

Aren’t you the person that sent me a bunch of starter plants/trees. If so you should see them now. The Orchid Tree is about 10 ft. (or more) and other tree is rally big and wide and that one multiplies like a weed and I have given a lot of my neighbors starts off of it. Again thanks

Yes I did and I’m glad to hear they’re doing so well! I think it’s your great care of them.
                          Want a plumeria start or angel trumpet? lol

Hmcarr, is Notions and Potions still open in St Augustine, and do they still sell Windstones and Enchantica? For a time they had a shop near me in Seminole County, and carried them.

No! They closed recently. I was so sad πŸ™ I’d really love to open some type of fantasy themed store there now that there isn’t one and mine would DEFINITELY have Windstone!

Dragoneer_88
                          Participant

Yes I did and I’m glad to hear they’re doing so well! I think it’s your great care of them.

Hmcarr, is Notions and Potions still open in St Augustine, and do they still sell Windstones and Enchantica? For a time they had a shop near me in Seminole County, and carried them.

No! They closed recently. I was so sad πŸ™ I’d really love to open some type of fantasy themed store there now that there isn’t one and mine would DEFINITELY have Windstone!

I’d LOVE to do that too. It’s just sad stores like that can’t make it anymore. You’d have to combine several things to barely make it by these days, like maybe combine fantasy items with boutique items. That idea sounds atrocious to me though.

Nightcrow
                            Participant

I’d LOVE to do that too. It’s just sad stores like that can’t make it anymore. You’d have to combine several things to barely make it by these days, like maybe combine fantasy items with boutique items. That idea sounds atrocious to me though.

This has always been my secret dream, too… at least the “carrying Windstone” part. I always imagined my future shop to be a bookstore, though — one with a strong SF/F focus, and perhaps a half-dozen lines of related collectibles, on the higher end of the quality scale.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Heather
                              Participant

Sounds like you guys need to move to St Augustine and open up a shop with me!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.