fbpx

Windstone Photography

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

You take great photos, Koishii.

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

Nambroth: thanks Nambroth. I saw that you had the copyright on there even when posting a photo in the forums and in the gallery, so I figured it must have some help to the company.

Griffiness wrote:

Very nice, im off to buy myself a tripod today πŸ˜€
        How do you get the background so back with the dragon so light?

I have a Dragon called White Fang too πŸ˜€

IT is pretty simple and not hard to do.
        Most of the time I take photos in my room because I can keep it dark except for the one window that I use for lighting..and then the walls in my room work great for reflecting this light so that there is not one bright spot. If I need, i use a small lamp to add some more light to the shadowed side.
        I start my setting up some boxes, making sure that the hight of the boxes are taller then what you want to photo graph and also wider then it.

Here is a photo of my usual set up:

After that, I put a black cloth over the boxes and in front of them. I use one that is non reflected. This happens to be a scarf. Most scarves are pretty wide. I also put another black fabric…a dress slip under the Scarf in oder to be sure that it was solid black and you can’t see through to the boxes.
        then just place your item in front of the boxes. You can take the photo from any direction, just be sure that there is black that shows evenly on all sides of your object. Here I used a Vase and small carving.

I took this with out a tripod to save time. Now you crop. Sine I am using a digital camera, I go strait to my lap top, load up my photos and edit in photoshop. You crop you image so nothing else shows but your object and the black fabric..and if the lighting is off a little, I also ajust this in photoshop. Here, this is from the same photo…It is just cropped and the levals slightly ajusted:

The other thing is your camera setting will affect how it pick up lighting and colors on objects. I always have my camera set to 80 ISO because it pics up the most detail and tends to make something with a solid color,like black, have a very even color. you definately need a tripod for this or put the camera on something solid, like books or a table.

Oooh thats for all that! Almost exactly what i do when i take pictures for this site πŸ˜€ http://www.thesorcererslibrary.com

I think i just need to get my own colour background πŸ˜€ I brought my tri pod today so i may do some messing around with pictures right now.
        I think i will walk my cat in the woods and get snapping her 8)

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

Oh, that sounds so cute.
          yep, all that goes into it…but it is so much fun.

I got some nice pictures, and some or a butterfly i will have to post them lol.
          Thanks for the tips anyway koish πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

ooo, post a link when you get them up. np, I love helping.

My camera is charging at the mo, im so glad i brought it and im glad i got my tri pod today as well. πŸ˜€

Some quick pictures of my scratcher πŸ˜€

Forget the Griffin chick this Scratchers bum is big! πŸ˜€ lol

Blue cloth copyright http://www.thesorcererslibrary.com

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

I love the cropped features. 3’rd one down is my fave. LOL yeah, it does have a big bum!

No where as nice as yours Koishi, i just havent got any material to experiment with at the mo.

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Griffiness wrote:

No where as nice as yours Koishi, i just havent got any material to experiment with at the mo.

Well I think these ones are just as good as mine.

I took some photos of my newest PYO..but they are not as sharp because my hands were really shaky today…even with the tripod.

here are the 3 amigos, tadaduhda!

you can really see the red interference here:

——-
                Here are two of the photos I took yesterday that show the other colors(and are a bit sharper)

Starbreeze
                Participant

He really is amazing!!! πŸ˜€

Jodi
                  Participant

I think I need one of those. πŸ˜€ When does he go on Ebay?

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

emerald212 wrote:

I am waiting for some opals to get in because i want to see if i can put one in his forehead and the curl of his tail. as soon as i do that i will get him on ebay. it should be about a week or so.

KoishiiKitty wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I am waiting for some opals to get in because i want to see if i can put one in his forehead and the curl of his tail. as soon as i do that i will get him on ebay. it should be about a week or so.

cool! i want to pictures before it goes up on ebay.
                      opals are beautiful. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 264 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.