fbpx

Windstone newb with questions!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone newb with questions!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Lentibulariaceae
    Participant

Ello! I’ve been ‘into’ Windstone editions for around 7-8 years, unfortunately when I started I was far too young to realize there was a community here!
      I honestly don’t know much about these guys, and I fell out of love with them a few years ago. I recently discovered the “royal peach” paints and the older ruby paints which has reinvigorated my interest!
      Into the questions:
      1. I have a bantam peacock dragon, the only one I purchased myself. I swear on my life, this was not individually purchased, it came from a lucky bag or grab bag, but it’s definitely just a regular peacock bantam. What’s up with this?

2. None of my statues have boxes or tags. I was wondering if any of mine hold any value whatsoever or if they’re worthless after being displayed in the dark for so long. They are:
      Obviously my peacock bantam, pretty much perfect condition except for a bit dusty (they all are)
      A lap dragon in emerald peacock, also great condition except for dust
      Both the rainbow sparkle loaf dragons, both of which have somehow sustained chips to their right horns

And the only one I’m not getting rid of, a prismatic spring old warrior.
      Generally I just want to know if there’s any information about any of these guys!

Hi

etruscan
      Participant

1. The bantam dragon is a relatively new sculpt and, if I remember correctly, the only semi-Grab Bag of bantams was a Kick Starter project. Do you recall when you got yours and are you sure it is a bantam and not a mini-keeper? There was a Grab Bag batch of mini-keepers in 2014.

Lentibulariaceae
        Participant

My bad, yes they are a mini-keeper, they look very similar to me. They’re marked as 2013. I know for a fact that I did not choose them, because I remember immediately realizing it was a color I didn’t want, but never checked the resemblance, and they don’t resemble any of the posted 2014 batch.

Hi

etruscan
          Participant

Very odd. I do see a couple of mini-keepers that are sort-of peacock colored in the class photos that Melody posted.
            Since you say yours doesn’t resemble any of the posted 2014 batch presumably you already have checked the class pics. If not, this is a link to Melody’s Blog post:

Grab bag Minikeeper class photo 3 /2014

Lentibulariaceae
            Participant

I have but I didn’t see that, thank you.
              It’s really weird, I know I don’t have any proof other than my memory. This guy is dead-on a normal peacock, blue eyes and crystal, purple to blue to green fades everywhere, gold accents; they’re just a regular dude.

Hi

etruscan
              Participant

You can tell whether he is a grab bag piece or a store piece by looking at the details and the amount of gold on him.. Melody redesigned the sculpt after the grab bag.

On June 1, 2017, Melody posted on Facebook:
                Difference in details between the oldstyle mini keeper (right) and the newer style. Now with more bling.

I didn’t change that much, just the back view. I added raised edges to the wing scales and ribs, and deepened the details on the wing webs that didn’t take antique very well. I also put ridges on the neck scales , ( they are barely visible in this photo.)

Windstone_dragon_mini-keeper_new-left_old-right

Lentibulariaceae
                Participant

Wow, now it’s double weird. They’re definitely the newer sculpt, but they’re dated 2013, a year before the grab bags came out…

Hi

etruscan
                  Participant

Wow, now it’s double weird. They’re definitely the newer sculpt, but they’re dated 2013, a year before the grab bags came out…

That’s the year that Melody finished and patented (or trademarked ?) the sculpt. It is not the date when your dragon was cast and/or sold.

Lentibulariaceae
                    Participant

Ahhh, thank you! I guess they’re just a regular then… still weird though.

Hi

Susie
                      Keymaster

If the peacock Mini-Keeper was part of a Grab Bag it would have something written on the felt bottom. The year engraved into each sculpture is the copyright date – the year Melody finished the sculpture. Sometimes is more than a year after that that we actually reproduce a sculpture. I’m pretty sure the mini-keeper was one that took its time before we began to sell them.

Lentibulariaceae
                        Participant

Good to know, there’s nothing special written. Wonder if I can still get something for them though.

Hi

pipsxlch
                          Participant

They all have value. If you took good photos and advertised them, you should he able to sell them all. None of these figures would have come with tags except possibly the lap. None would have probably had provenance. Boxes help when selling- many are understandably leery of buying such fragile items from an inexperienced shipper- but do not matter enormously if you are willing to pack approximately and let prospective buyers know.

Lentibulariaceae
                            Participant

Oh that’s good! I’m into the BJD hobby so I have lots of experience packing very expensive, very breakable things in preparation for being thrown around by the post office.

Hi

Sherrie Salinger
                              Participant

I would love to see the mini keeper in his full glory!

Dragonkitty

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.