fbpx

Windstone Male Dragon Candle?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone Male Dragon Candle?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

I put this under the report fakes thread to, but I thought this was interesting enough to post here. I’ve seen a lot of fake statues, but never a candle. It’s kind of laughable with that candle wick coming out of his head. Windstone didn’t make candles like this right? I’m still new-ish to Windstone so I don’t know every product made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Figural-Fuschia-Dragon-Molded-Candle-/171318470021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e3606585

Melody
      Keymaster

I put this under the report fakes thread to, but I thought this was interesting enough to post here. I’ve seen a lot of fake statues, but never a candle. It’s kind of laughable with that candle wick coming out of his head. Windstone didn’t make candles like this right? I’m still new-ish to Windstone so I don’t know every product made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Figural-Fuschia-Dragon-Molded-Candle-/171318470021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e3606585

Eeesh

Jennifer
        Keymaster

A few candles have popped up on eBay over the years; I think some were from a company in the UK (I could be misremembering) though given that a few folks have sold molds (illegally) of male dragons, it is not surprising that one or more people would use them to cast wax. I don’t think I’ve seen a pink one before though!!

Needless to say nope, this is not official.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

I thought not. Just had to be sure. Defiantly an interesting color choice though. I’ll give them that much. :bigsmile: I can imagine how ridiculous that candle would look if it were lit. It’s like something from a cartoon. LOL

Skylover
            Participant

Depending on how old it is, it may have been red at one time…

Falcolf
              Participant

That thing is kind of disturbing haha XD it would definitely be an odd sight if someone actually lit it!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

would that be against rules to buy it then? I wonder what it smells like.. I suppose rather than sell it, we could always burn it…:)

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Heather
                Participant

That thing is kind of disturbing haha XD it would definitely be an odd sight if someone actually lit it!

Agreed! Although it’s ironic that it’s a candle, because that awful thing really should be burned! J)

And there it went.. I forgot about it…:( and here I was so excited to light the darn thing..

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                  www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                  Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Tethra
                  Participant

It looks like it has some sort of skin disease…… Not something that should be done to Melody’s epic creations!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.