Windstone Christmas Ornaments?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Windstone Christmas Ornaments?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I think they could be made up to be darling.Here are a couple I played with this year 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

wolflodge100
      Participant

Melody wrote:

tasgrs wrote:

Since I seem to have some “free” time on my hands at the moment, 😳 and I’m parked next to the Christmas tree, I was thinking….Have there ever been Windstone Christmas ornaments? My husband buys me the Breyer Porcelain Horse breeds if he thinks they look like Arabians, and that’s what got me thinking. 😀 My thought was would it be possible to make miniature versions of the different sculptures, or are they far too detailed to size down? I think the Sugarplum Poad™™s would make awesome tree ornaments if they were a bit smaller! Once the Dragon Pox in casting has been banished for good, that is. 😉 Can’t you just see them peering out from the tree branches? Or maybe a smaller version of…I don’t know…an Emperor or Royal Hatchling perched on a branch?

Oh yeah, we thought about it YEARS ago, but we don’t have any material to cast them out of that would be light and strong enough. Gypsum is too heavy and fragile and pewter is too heavy. Pictures in glass would be do-able. I’ve been trying to find a way to do that as jewelry too.
        I have a fuzzy ornament! It’s a fuzzy stuck into a clear glass ornament.

Oh man, I would die for Windstone jewelry. The two ways to do it would be lost wax casting. If you carved something out of wax I could make a rubber mold of it for a master. The other would be picture transfers on porcelin or enameled. If you ever want to try a wax casting I’d love to do it for you!

darjeb
        Participant

I want a dragon one

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.